+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 59 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: tv hifi spotting

I'm Geoff.

Ah. It's certainly unusual. Would probably fetch a few bob now with those kitch looks.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Tape deck and EQ unit with funky orange LEDs on 'Air Crash Investigation'. Note the textbook 'smiley face' setting. I'd have thought that would be the opposite of how you'd set it if you were listening to a cockpit voice recording but there you go:

Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm sorted.

Should get a decent stereo image

I'm Jonathan.

Kind of cheating because its a YT video, but a good one.

Star Wars spacecraft modelling studio (original 1977 movie).

Check out the dodgy speaker placement!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Thumbs up JBL 4355 (from Rockfield Studios) on BBC's Countryfile...

Tonight on one of my favourite TV programmes, I spied one of my favourite speakers, in the control room of Rockfield Studios, which is an amazing place for any lover of rock music [count me in]:

Check out the diddy-sized squawk-boxes at the front!

Pics taken on Del's smartphone, simply by photographing the TV screen.

Just look at those babies - twin 15" drivers, side by side... AWESOME [I *will* own a pair before popping my clogs, lol]. And good to know that some of my fav albums will have been mixed on them!

THEMZ PROPA......

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Tonight on one of my favourite TV programmes, I spied one of my favourite speakers, in the control room of Rockfield Studios...

Marco.
    Good call Marco! I'm a fan of Yamaha NS-10Ms as well!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Lol - aye, they're ok as well, as long as you're allergic to BASS!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Good call Marco! I'm a fan of Yamaha NS-10Ms as well!
    Which 'origin story' do you go for?

I like the one which says they needed a 'typical speaker' to try out a mix on, and so sent the tea-boy down to Edgeware Road with a couple of hundred quid. The tea boy liked the look of the white drivers on the NS10M so bought them.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Chris.

Tonight on one of my favourite TV programmes, I spied one of my favourite speakers, in the control room of Rockfield Studios, which is an amazing place for any lover of rock music [count me in]:

Check out the diddy-sized squawk-boxes at the front!

Pics taken on Del's smartphone, simply by photographing the TV screen.

Just look at those babies - twin 15" drivers, side by side... AWESOME [I *will* own a pair before popping my clogs, lol]. And good to know that some of my fav albums will have been mixed on them!

THEMZ PROPA......

Marco.
    Saw this the other day (not actually on TV just browsing but I'm linking it to this post!

Looks right up your street Marco (and most peoples I would imagine!).

System 1: - Amp - Musical Paradise MP-701 mk2 - Neurochrome 686
    - Source: Audio Technica LP-5 - Custom 6V6 stage - Novafidelity X30 - Soekris 1421 (LPSU) - Custom TDA1541 C3G DAC -
    - Speakers: Martin Logan Prodigy's - Subs: - REL T3's -

System 2 - Amp: Musical Paradise MP 303/Custom 300B SET - Custom 6SL7 Pre -
    - Source: Pioneer N-30K - SONCOZ SGD1 -
    - Speakers: Loth X BS1's - Sub: REL T3 -

I'm sorted.

Bottom left driver looks fucked?

Don Letts rig (won't mention the numark turntable) BBC4 - When Bob Marley came to Britain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 59 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast