+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 512 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm Nobody.

Well as from last Sunday i have stopped drinking completely.No word of a lie.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Well as from last Sunday I have stopped drinking completely. No word of a lie.
    May we ask why Andre, or is that none of my business?

Regards
    Barry

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by barry.d.hunt View Post

Regards
    Apart from pounding the weight on with Larger, i came to the realisation that i actually don't enjoy drinking anymore, you get pissed & waste your time off & all the money i spend on booze i can buy more Classic Junk.I don't do moderation so i'd rather not do it at all..

I'm ILOB.

sounds like a good plan Andre
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    sounds like a good plan Andre
    Right i'm off down the club in a min... Only kiddin

Default Tesco's 2009 Viña Albadi Tempranillo - approach with caution!

Those of you lamenting the loss of the 'any three for £10' offer on the Tesco vin de table 'Le Masion de Michel' (red) and 'Le Maison de Charlotte' (white), might be tempted by the same offer on the Viña Albali 'Smooth Red' Tempranillo, be advised!

This is the 2009 Cabernet Tempranillo Valdepañas. Described as medium bodied with plum and damson flavours and despite it winning the International Wine Challenge Bronze Medal for 2009 it is to be approached with caution.

My initial reaction was of an 'uncouth' wine with harsh unsubtle tannins, followed by an over-fruity finish of the aformentioned plum and damson. Definitely not a wine to drink on its own, but also a doubtful accompaniment with a meal.

In my opinion best to avoid and much better to go for the excellent 2005 Berberana Etiqueta Reserva Rioja, still on offer at £5 a bottle.

Regards
    Barry

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by barry.d.hunt View Post
    In my opinion best to avoid and much better to go for the excellent 2005 Berberana Etiqueta Reserva Rioja, still on offer at £5 a bottle
    Thanks Barry - bought another dozen this week - we're entertaining all weekend, so will soon be guzzled Whilst this offer lasts (11th May I think?) it is all I will be buying - it really is a bargain, and even at full price a fine Rioja.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Attention fellow oenophiles,

As Alex has mentioned, the half price offer being made by Tesco on the 2005 Berberana Reserva Rioja, ends on 11 May. My local Tesco has completely run out; not only of this but of the Torre Aldea as well.

You can still buy the Berberana on Tesco on-line, but alas not the Torre Aldea.

Regards
    Barry

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post

Regards
    Been a couple week now still not touched a drop..

I'm ILOB.

Some Cloudy Bay SB for the weekend
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

+ Reply to Thread