+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Next level up in speaker cables.

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Do you need a trade account now you're working for Graham Slee?

Surely name dropping specific brands, as you would when fully associated with that brand, qualities as you working in the trade?
    Surely this is way off topic and probably better addressed elsewhere? Have you just been asked to open a trade account or something?

To make it clear, I am not working for Graham Slee.
    I am a volunteer and run a European loan scheme that anybody in the U.K. cannot benefit from, as the have to use the U.K. loan scheme. I spoke to Marco and decided it was best to make it clear (so that anybody can see any bias in my posts). He also suggested that I ran a system blog.

I don’t try and sell anything with any of my posts.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Do you need a trade account now you're working for Graham Slee?

Surely name dropping specific brands, as you would when fully associated with that brand, qualities as you working in the trade?
    He doesn't work for Graham Slee.
    He does coordinate the European Loan Scheme on a purely voluntary basis.
    Kevin has no financial gain, but he does get the toy box to play with when items are not out on loan.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Surely this is way off topic and probably better addressed elsewhere? Have you just been asked to open a trade account or something?

To make it clear, I am not working for Graham Slee.
    I am a volunteer and run a European loan scheme that anybody in the U.K. cannot benefit from, as the have to use the U.K. loan scheme. I spoke to Marco and decided it was best to make it clear (so that anybody can see any bias in my posts). He also suggested that I ran a system blog.

I don’t try and sell anything with any of my posts.
    I don't think its off topic. I think on a recommendation thread, when the cable you are "very happy with" is the same brand you've just taken on a role with, it's pertinent to ask whether you're now trade or not.

Whether you should be paying for you account or not is up to Marco to decide.

Same as with anyone else who is advertising/selling their wares on the forum. One rule for all.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    ordered a couple of metres fully wired for my monos. see if its better than the pearl
    It's good stuff Grant. I use it regularly.

I'm Grant.

It's good stuff Grant. I use it regularly.
    i like the super pearl so hoping this will be as good preferably better. just a metre a side. long enough
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Kevin.

Same as with anyone else who is advertising/selling their wares on the forum. One rule for all.
    I am not selling or advertising anything anywhere.
    It’s a good speaker cable. It may not suit all speakers, or everybody’s taste. I am currently using it, and will probably switch back to my Talk 3 cable soon, as the Spatia is not mine but I wanted to try it with my speakers.

Nowhere do I mention a price, or that it is available to buy from me, (so theoretically I am not selling or advertising anything).
    Kevin

Bigman80 Guest

I am not selling or advertising anything anywhere.
    It’s a good speaker cable. It may not suit all speakers, or everybody’s taste. I am currently using it, and will probably switch back to my Talk 3 cable soon, as the Spatia is not mine but I wanted to try it with my speakers.

Nowhere do I mention a price, or that it is available to buy from me, (so theoretically I am not selling or advertising anything).
    Only you know if you're receiving any incentive for your role. I am not suggesting you are but your association will raise that question.

If you'd have put the last bit of your post about swapping back, on your original post, I probably wouldn't have questioned it.

I'm Kevin.

You are jumping to conclusions.
    I am not the only person here who knows how the loan scheme coordinator role works.
    Read the posts.

The cable suits my system, and I like how it sounds. What more is there to say.
    I know it is not SPOTFIRE, but such is life.

I am not going to get in to an argument about this. If that is the way it is going to be, then I shall go back to posting here less often.
    Kevin

Bigman80 Guest

You are jumping to conclusions.
    I am not the only person here who knows how the loan scheme coordinator role works.
    Read the posts.

The cable suits my system, and I like how it sounds. What more is there to say.
    I know it is not SPOTFIRE, but such is life.

I am not going to get in to an argument about this. If that is the way it is going to be, then I shall go back to posting here less often.
    No need to get bitchy, Kevin. I just raised a query about your motivation to post.

Just for clarification.

Oh, I didn't know GS did speaker cable, now I do, technically you have advertised a product. Successfully too.

I'm Kevin.

You are doing it again.

I am not getting bitchy. Written word is notoriously hard to understand the context in which it was written.

I mentioned SPOTFIRE, so does that mean I am selling it and advertising it as well?
    It is quite easy for me not to mention any of the products I have in the European toy box in the future if it offends anybody. Just let me know....
    Kevin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast