+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Next level up in speaker cables.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by goraman View Post
    A good step up that may surprise you if you are not looking to break the bank.
    These cables are 12 AWG. great for tube amps and longer runs, they employ very high quality copper and have 0 micro phonics even laying on a hardwood floor near a subwoofer!
    I use it for the run inside my floor standers from the binding posts to the crossover for this reason. It is very transparent and not expensive.
    It is deigned for car audio but don't let that put you off .
    I made these for a second system, the cables I have now where made from a Sea Wolf Submarine 7 AWG silver Teflon , They are big and I have no idea what on that Sub they where used for but the guy who scrapped it said there was a lot of sensitive equipment removed and there where several of these wires in a long loom left behind.
    The cables pictured (coiled up) on the floor are Audison Sonus S212 made in Italy ,if I did not have the Sea Wolfs (pictured green with red and black leads I would use the Audisons.
    Check out the S210 below! 2.60 mm conductors.
    https://www.fourcaraudio.co.uk/brand...speaker-cable/

At E 7.50 to E 11.50 per meter it won't break your bank account. It is fantastic stuff to work with believe me, you wont have to use teflex to prevent micro phonics on a hard surface just terminate using the connectors of your choice. 11.meters S212 E 82.50 and S210 E 125.50. 5.5 meters per side I would go with 10 AWG but science suggests you can get away with 16 AWG unless you are using speakers with a 4 ohm load. . https://www.audioholics.com/audio-vi...er-cable-gauge WATCH THE VIDEO IT WILL ENLIGHTEN YOUR MIND ABOUT SPEAKER CABLES.
    More wire facts.
    http://www.roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm
    Watched it, read all the gumph then they say this

"Use the recommendations in this article as a guideline and NOT a biblical source. *There is no magic number when choosing what gauge to use over a specific distance since the system dynamics are often too complex*. But, if you’re choosing between two cable gauges, I usually recommend going for the lower one"

What a cop out!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    So basically UP-OCC cable then?
    Buy some, find out

I'm Jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by goraman View Post
    A good step up that may surprise you if you are not looking to break the bank.
    These cables are 12 AWG. great for tube amps and longer runs, they employ very high quality copper and have 0 micro phonics even laying on a hardwood floor near a subwoofer!
    I use it for the run inside my floor standers from the binding posts to the crossover for this reason. It is very transparent and not expensive.
    It is deigned for car audio but don't let that put you off .
    I made these for a second system, the cables I have now where made from a Sea Wolf Submarine 7 AWG silver Teflon , They are big and I have no idea what on that Sub they where used for but the guy who scrapped it said there was a lot of sensitive equipment removed and there where several of these wires in a long loom left behind.
    The cables pictured (coiled up) on the floor are Audison Sonus S212 made in Italy ,if I did not have the Sea Wolfs (pictured green with red and black leads I would use the Audisons.
    Check out the S210 below! 2.60 mm conductors.

At E 7.50 to E 11.50 per meter it won't break your bank account. It is fantastic stuff to work with believe me, you wont have to use teflex to prevent micro phonics on a hard surface just terminate using the connectors of your choice. 11.meters S212 E 82.50 and S210 E 125.50. 5.5 meters per side I would go with 10 AWG but science suggests you can get away with 16 AWG unless you are using speakers with a 4 ohm load. . https://www.audioholics.com/audio-vi...er-cable-gauge WATCH THE VIDEO IT WILL ENLIGHTEN YOUR MIND ABOUT SPEAKER CABLES.
    More wire facts.
    http://www.roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm
    Thanks Jeff,
    Interesting stuff, There is a dealer only 7 miles from me. I presume when they say silver they mean silver plated? The most important aspect of a cable to me is that the bass is not exaggerated-I have transmission line floor standers that can produce boom if the bass is not controlled. Also would the S210 E bend around a patio door reveal?
    Last edited by Covenant; 27-01-2019 at 10:02.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Buy some, find out
    Buy some what?

I am currently using a speaker cable that suits my speakers very well. I am happy, so why change for the sake of changing?
    Does it get better, or just slightly different, and then you realise that you prefer the older stuff when you put it back in?
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Kevin.

No thanks. They don’t ship to France.
    I currently have some Graham Slee Spatia fitted.
    Sounds fine to me.
    Kevin

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

I didn't post it for your benefit Kevin.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    No thanks. They don’t ship to France.
    I currently have some Graham Slee Spatia fitted.
    Sounds fine to me.
    Do you need a trade account now you're working for Graham Slee?

Surely name dropping specific brands, as you would when fully associated with that brand, qualities as you working in the trade?

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    I didn't post it for your benefit Kevin.
    I wasn’t sure, as it followed my post asking what it was that was suggested That I buy.
    Kevin

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    ordered a couple of metres fully wired for my monos. see if its better than the pearl
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast