+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bespoke Headphones?

I'm Grant.

Better pic of the case and cans. Open with a magnet cover lock and even the bit for cables comes out and held by magnet.

Always with the magnets lol

After 3 hrs I started to feel a little uncomfortable so took them off. The. Bluetooth worked even upstairs in toilet. Ner
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    is it a uk ship or direct from aussie? the box is fairly big n heavy.
    dunno to be honest - the invoice included VAT and they have a UK VAT number so presume from a UK depot

Will see how long it takes ... Xmas and New Year distractions so no rush really.

I'm Grant.

Streaming from an hd bluetooth unit really improves this as well.. using an avantree leaf for pc which is pretty good. Got the latest hd oasis plus from same company on my turntable and its great...pricey tho.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

further impression is that these cans handle bass much better than normal ones. the mids and highs are not drowned in a sea of rumble. the bass is as powerful as you wish it really but separate ...must be as its applied by the outer can.
    Listening to a soundtrack is astonishing really... like having your head surrounded by some seriously good speakers. even loud there is no distortion.

also i will add i have moved down to the smallest tips now. think ive small ear canals.

**cue a Marco retort*
    Last edited by struth; 23-12-2018 at 12:53.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

These continue to amaze sound wise. They are SOO revealing its hard to believe tbh. hear things, maybe too many things on some albums
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm gone.

Can you turn the 'correction filters' off to see how much of the great sound is due to the personalisation to your own hearing, and how much to the inherent excellence of the headphones themselves?

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Can you turn the 'correction filters' off to see how much of the great sound is due to the personalisation to your own hearing, and how much to the inherent excellence of the headphones themselves?
    you can. although with it switched off, they sound pretty poor. (maybe a marketing ploy) but they do sound fab; no-one is prising these out of my grasp.. the hd bluetooth transmitters do work.. the little leaf adaptor ive got on pc is great; signal was perfect even upstairs in bedroom ... they are classed as long range but was surprised they didnt give interfernce. guessing it has to be heard to be believed tho.
    comfort is maybe going to be the main issue with some, but im used to them now.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

One thing that ive found is our hearing does change day to day. I have started doing a fresh test every day now and find it different each time, and i get better results than the one that was right yesterday...if that makes sense.
    Might be a proof why our systems sound different day to day.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    you can. although with it switched off, they sound pretty poor. (maybe a marketing ploy) but they do sound fab; no-one is prising these out of my grasp.. the hd bluetooth transmitters do work.. the little leaf adaptor ive got on pc is great; signal was perfect even upstairs in bedroom ... they are classed as long range but was surprised they didnt give interfernce. guessing it has to be heard to be believed tho.
    comfort is maybe going to be the main issue with some, but im used to them now.
    The Nuraphones arrived today - shipped from the Netherlands (almost a week ago !!)

1st impressions (with Bluetooth and MP3 from phone) .. OK but not a lot better than my HD600, slight improvement in higher frequencies noticeable but nothing dramatic.

2nd impressions - using the (extra) analogue cable/HP amp and RPi AIFF files = WOW !!!!! - definitely spectacular improvement.

Anyone buying these should definitely get the analogue cable (£15) and avoid BT if poss.

More in depth pros and cons later when I have a had a chance to listen more

I'm Grant.

Has your phone got hd bluetooth? Ive noticed a big improvement using hd bluetooth transmitter.

But they do sound great with your hearing dialled in
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast