+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Too much time on my hands, now pondering new Speakers.....

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourney View Post
    Ps, I'll have the Scalas ��

I’ve gone back to my La Scala’s tonight with the Almarro and don’t think I’ll be getting rid of them anytime soon, even if I do find something else that tickles my fancy

I'm Russell.

Thank you but I couldn’t live with the looks I’m afraid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeman1973 View Post
    With a bit more time on my hands than I usually do, I've been scouring the various forums and listening to more music.

This lethal combination has got me interested in speakers where I've been quite happy up until now.

My amp is an Alamarro A318B which I am more than happy with and paired with my WLM La Scala Floor Standers, again a fantastic speaker and a match made in heaven for the Almarro.

But...

I got reading about old Tannoys and wanted to give them a go so picked up some Chesters (T165) with the 10" Plastic DC drivers to see how they'd go.

Whilst I love the transparency and separation of them (which is better than the La Scala's), they don't go as low as the La Scala's which is surprising being as the WLM have 8" drivers.

The Chester's are great with Vocals, strings etc but not particularly with Rock or Pop music which is my staple listening so I got to thinking about a speaker than can offer the depth of the WLM's with the articulation / separation of the Chesters.

Am I looking at some 12" / 15" HPD Tannoy's or something completely different?

I also have a hankering for some Shahinian as heard some Arcs a little while back with Dynavector amps and it was exquisite. I worry about Arcs however with my modest output (18w) Almarro.

Any suggestions???
    Super red monitor 12x mate if you can find a pair

I'm Chris.

I'm Timothy.

That is a nice build! If only I had the tools and wood working abilities! I would have lost several body parts and gone through a stack of ply to the ceiling before the first thing got cut right. Sigh....
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by hornucopia View Post
    I think he should try these https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...1-speakers-F-s and then Weeman's speaker swapping days might be over.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by andyrlb View Post
    Super red monitor 12x mate if you can find a pair

Yes Andy, your Tannoy's were a very nice find. I need to keep my eyes peeled!

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by hornucopia View Post
    Those look great but way and above my skill level I'm afraid. Always had a hankering for some Heresy III's but alas out my price range I'm afraid.

I did have a little look at these a little while back but doubt they'll be up to the standard of WLM's:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Klipsch-K...Condition=3000

Or even these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Klipsch-K...Condition=3000

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    I think he should try these https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...1-speakers-F-s and then Weeman's speaker swapping days might be over.
    Maybe would end my Box swapping days but might start my wife swapping days if she knew how much I had spent on speakers!!!!

I'm Kevin.

I can relate to the title of this post. I ordered some new speakers yesterday.

You are not alone Russell.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast