+ Reply to Thread
Page 957 of 1476 FirstFirst ... 457857907947955956957958959967100710571457 ... LastLast
Results 9,561 to 9,570 of 14756

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonoped View Post
    Looks like a great meal, right up my street. The peppers dish looks like a riot of good Med flavour.

Love Belly Pork as long as the fat has been rendered and it isn’t just a slab of crackling floating on a sea of fat, that dish looks spot on.

I’d happily hoover-up all of that (especially the Jadot)
    Lol - thought it might've been your thang, Tony, as ya lurves yer med flavours! Just a different type of cooking - often I find typical British food a bit dry and bland in comparison. Yes, and the Jadot was fab

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

not into fat either tbh .. bad feel in mouth for a start.. looked good tho marco..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I used to do a pork and apricot casserole as a student. Belly pork was dirt cheap, and I would always cut away the fat afterwards.

The peppers look great, unfortunately I find anchovies far too salty, even after soaking them in milk beforehand.
    Cheers, Barry. You're right about tinned anchovies [although fresh ones are totally different], but they were used more for seasoning than anything else, and sparingly, just to add a salty hint, which definitely wasn't overpowering, and with the sharpness of the balsamic cutting nicely though the olive oil.

Hard to describe in words, of course, but it worked! Where I find tinned anchovies WAY too overpowering is on pizzas! That's total 'salt city', as when they're heated up, the salt really comes to the fore...

As Tony and you probably know, it's common in the med to have veg or fish marinated or preserved 'under' olive oil, with herbs and spices. A favourite of mine, and back again to anchovies, is a Tuscan classic called Acciughe Marinate, see here: https://www.intavoliamo.it/Info/prod...iughe-marinate

Basically, lovely fresh anchovies soaked/marinated in good quality extra-virgin olive oil, with LOTS of fresh parsley and dried chillies... Totally non-salty and absolutely delicious, mopped up with some crusty Italian bread, and washed down with a lovely chilled Pinot Grigio!

Plus also what's called Vegetali sott'olio (translated as 'vegetables under oil'), commonly found as part of a good (authentic) Italian antipasto:

...some nice 'oily peppers' in there too, and which taste absolutely gorgeous!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    not into fat either tbh .. bad feel in mouth for a start.. looked good tho marco..
    Cheers, matey. I know, it's a texture thing with fat. In that respect, for me, it's all about rendering it down and making it crispy, just like you do with it on bacon [nothing worse than sloppy, greasy fat], which is why I prefer a good streaky type to most others, as long as it's cooked right!

Any food I eat is all about MAXIMISING FLAVOUR! I don't 'do' bland. Tasty food is the only food worth eating

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Justin.

Belly pork done right is amazing.

Fact.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Belly pork done right is amazing.

Fact.
    True dat

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Cheers, Barry. You're right about tinned anchovies [although fresh ones are totally different], but they were used more for seasoning than anything else, and sparingly, just to add a salty hint, which definitely wasn't overpowering, and with the sharpness of the balsamic cutting nicely though the olive oil.

Hard to describe in words, of course, but it worked! Where I find tinned anchovies WAY too overpowering is on pizzas! That's total 'salt city', as when they're heated up, the salt really comes to the fore...

As Tony and you probably know, it's common in the med to have veg or fish marinated or preserved 'under' olive oil, with herbs and spices. A favourite of mine, and back again to anchovies, is a Tuscan classic called Acciughe Marinate, see here: https://www.intavoliamo.it/Info/prod...iughe-marinate

Basically, lovely fresh anchovies soaked/marinated in good quality extra-virgin olive oil, with LOTS of fresh parsley and dried chillies... Totally non-salty and absolutely delicious, mopped up with some crusty Italian bread, and washed down with a lovely chilled Pinot Grigio!

Plus also what's called Vegetali sott'olio (translated as 'vegetables under oil'), commonly found as part of a good (authentic) Italian antipasto:

...some nice 'oily peppers' in there too, and which taste absolutely gorgeous!

Marco.
    Waitrose do fresh anchovies in olive oil and herbs etc.

I bought some and threw them away. Just didn't like 'em and there's very few dish I don't like.

I was surprised.

Anchovies are an acquired taste, dude. Do you normally enjoy them in any form? Fresh ones though, need to be super-fresh, so best got from a good deli than a supermarket, or even better make your own.

Things like peppers, artichokes, chillies, olives, etc, in oil are quite different in oil, and as I said often feature in Italian antipastos, plus are enjoyed with meals in many other hot countries abroad

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

ghastly things
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Lol - I feel exactly the same about black pudding [major heave]

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread