+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Beresford Caiman SEG DAC and Dorado PSU

I'm Adrian.

Default FS: Beresford Caiman SEG DAC and Dorado PSU

SOLD

I have this Beresford Caiman SEG DAC and Dorado PSU for sale which I have owned from new for about 3 years, it was serviced and upgraded by Stan about 8 months ago, so is at its highest spec level. I am selling it as I now have a dedicated CDP/DAC that meets my requirements. It is in excellent condition with one very small mark on the top of the unit.

The Caiman SEG DAC is probably one of the best value for money DAC's that you can buy in my opinion, it is very versatile and has selectable processing that can be set for each input. The SQ output is excellent whether being used as a pre-amp or to headphones. If you are venturing into digital streaming or just want to improve the sound quality when listening to CDs or other digital sources then this is a great place to start without a huge financial outlay. I used it primarily with a RPI/HiBerry Digi for streaming and a Blu-ray player for playing CD's, and the USB from my MacBook for HiRes digital.

see http://www.homehifi.co.uk/S/tc-7535.htm for more info & spec.

These currently sell for £189.99 new, the Dorado PSU (this improves the sound quality) currently £59.99.

I am asking £150 for both plus postage, this will have to be insured and signed for. I believe I stillhave the original standard 12vDC PSU(never used), but will need to look for it.
    The Caiman SEG will be packaged in the original box as supplied to me.

Please PM me if you are interested.

Last edited by AJSki2fly; 06-07-2021 at 11:21.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Philip.

Pm sent

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by philv View Post
    Pm sent
    I have replied with all the info on the upgrades and proof in an email from Stan, which is as I said everything that can be done to the Caiman SEG.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Adrian
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    I have replied with all the info on the upgrades and proof in an email from Stan, which is as I said everything that can be done to the Caiman SEG.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Adrian
    SOLD

+ Reply to Thread