+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 494 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone keen on watches?

I'm Neal.

Nice one Grant, classy! Neat collection.
    Listening in a Foo free Zone...

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

I'm Neal.

A few years back I was into watches in a big way, even learning to do basic none complication watch servicing and repair but it started to get out of hand, too many watches and too much cash outlay! I loved working on vintage Longines watches, they made some of the best watches available in their day and are a joy. This Conquest I bought off eBay, it was in a right state but I managed to fully refurbish it and get it back into running order...still one of my favourites today.

Look at the balance wheel...

Listening in a Foo free Zone...

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    A few years back I was into watches in a big way, even learning to do basic none complication watch servicing and repair but it started to get out of hand, too many watches and too much cash outlay! I loved working on vintage Longines watches, they made some of the best watches available in their day and are a joy. This Conquest I bought off eBay, it was in a right state but I managed to fully refurbish it and get it back into running order...still one of my favourites today.

Look at the balance wheel...

Well done Neal . Wish I was good at that. Not skilled that way.
    Although all my watches work they all need services alas.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm alan.

Any One Handers Roy ?

Strangley Cool......

via Imgflip Meme Generator

I'm sorted.

Default Anyone keen on watches?

Quote Originally Posted by thingfish View Post
    Any One Handers Roy ?

Strangley Cool......

via Imgflip Meme Generator
    I’ve looked at them and more of a novelty item/ talking point than a serious timepiece I feel.

Keep thinking of Hylda Baker in Nearest & Dearest - ‘It’s quarter past... ooh, I must get a little hand put on this watch’

I'm Grant.

I take it the red thing is the hrs marker, or am I way off.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I take it the red thing is the hrs marker, or am I way off.
    Think the red dots just a logo or something, they literally just have an hour hand so time shown would be 7:30.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Think the red dots just a logo or something, they literally just have an hour hand so time shown would be 7:30.
    oh, ok.. would have made sense if the red dot popped up opposite which hr it was and maybe changed colour for pm. there is an idea for a watch company maybe i should patent it lol
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Been cataloguing my few watches on an American watch site. Seems all they do serial no wise.
    Although Seth Thomas info is hard to come by in sure I have the date for this one somewhere.

Although it has a badly repaired dial it's still fairly rare, and does work although mainspring is stiff. It was replaced but I thi g the guy made a cock of it. Lol

It's still a nice watch and feels good in the hand
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    oh, ok.. would have made sense if the red dot popped up opposite which hr it was and maybe changed colour for pm. there is an idea for a watch company maybe i should patent it lol
    Next stop Dragon’s Den

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread