+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mains regenerator

I'm Mike.

Default Mains regenerator

Thinking of buying a mains regenerator as I live above a busy restaurant and suspect my power supply may be causing some of my hi fi woes, is it worth a punt?
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Grant.

To quote Kenny Dalgleish... maybes aye, maybes naw.. Can help if there is a lot of crap or your mains varies a lot.. Gazza has mine, you could have tried it but alas its an odd shape for a box, and damn heavy t'boot
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    To quote Kenny Dalgleish... maybes aye, maybes naw.. Can help if there is a lot of crap or your mains varies a lot.. Gazza has mine, you could have tried it but alas its an odd shape for a box, and damn heavy t'boot
    Thanks Grant, I think it depends - as you say - on how clean your mains is to start with, that's why for some people they're a good investment and others they do nothing, think I'll give it a try at £300. The AG1500.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Chris.

Given your location (above a spike inducing power sapping buzz generating restaurant!) a proper re-generator (rather than just a conditioner) will work very well I should bet.

Even with fairly good mains I think they're a good investment. They don't sap the dynamics like certain power "conditioners" can.

I've noticed Quad electronics really appreciate clean power too. I have 57's/63's/303 and a QSP on the way . . . hoping its like a 909 but new!
    System 1: - Amp - Musical Paradise MP-701 mk2 - Neurochrome 686
    - Source: Audio Technica LP-5 - Custom 6V6 stage - Novafidelity X30 - Soekris 1421 (LPSU) - Custom TDA1541 C3G DAC -
    - Speakers: Martin Logan Prodigy's - Subs: - REL T3's -

System 2 - Amp: Musical Paradise MP 303/Custom 300B SET - Custom 6SL7 Pre -
    - Source: Pioneer N-30K - SONCOZ SGD1 -
    - Speakers: Loth X BS1's - Sub: REL T3 -

I'm Mike.

Well I gone and bought the AG1500, see how I get on with it.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Opti-cal View Post
    Given your location (above a spike inducing power sapping buzz generating restaurant!) a proper re-generator (rather than just a conditioner) will work very well I should bet.

Even with fairly good mains I think they're a good investment. They don't sap the dynamics like certain power "conditioners" can.

I've noticed Quad electronics really appreciate clean power too. I have 57's/63's/303 and a QSP on the way . . . hoping its like a 909 but new!
    What are 63's? I love my 909, bass is so spot on, and everything else great, I consider it my first real hifi amp. Despite what some think, I think its in a different league to the 306.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    What are 63's? I love my 909, bass is so spot on, and everything else great, I consider it my first real hifi amp. Despite what some think, I think its in a different league to the 306.
    63s are electrostatic panel speakers like 57s
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    63s are electrostatic panel speakers like 57s
    Bloody 'ell he's got two pairs! House clearance dream!

montesquieu Guest

'How much for the radiators?'

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    'How much for the radiators?'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast