+ Reply to Thread
Page 302 of 510 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352402 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 5100

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    lovely stuff.. very good to have..about 30 yr old or so i think
    Distilled in 1960 Grant, 53%, probably best not to have half a bottle in one night
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Grant.

yeah checked it was bottled in 92.. so 32 yr old
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

yeah checked it was bottled in 92.. so 32 yr old
    Ah so you age it from the date it was bottled, good to know
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    Ah so you age it from the date it was bottled, good to know
    yup, date distilled to date bottled. once in glass it stops 'aging' as such; ie reacting with air and wood. would have been expensive, and worth more probably every year
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

I cant recall what we paid but I did have it valued a few years ago,£400

I'm Grant.

id think that, at least
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

distillery closed around 92 so would be one of the last year or 2's bottlings.. rosebank is quite sought after as its gone... they are opening it again but it will be a lot of new stuff as i think the stills etc were all sold etc
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

Let's hope it's good stuff then

I'm Grant.

https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/...old-rare-malts

a 1981 22yr old rosebank... 1,500 quid... dont underestimate what this could make

a 1960's one at 2,500.... https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/...ebank-bot1960s
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/...old-rare-malts

a 1981 22yr old rosebank... 1,500 quid... dont underestimate what this could make

a 1960's one at 2,500.... https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/...ebank-bot1960s
    Bloody ek, I might get it valued next week, just out of interest you understand.....

+ Reply to Thread