+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LiTe DAC-AH DAC Issue....

I'm Russell.

Default LiTe DAC-AH DAC Issue....

I’ve got an issue with my DAC - it’s emitting a very high pitch squeal which I can’t get to bottom of???

It happens whenever it’s switched on & connected to my amp, regardless of input or indeed if there is no coax or optical source connected.

The DAC still works & if the music is quite loud, you obviously don’t hear the hi pitch noise however in quiet passages or in between tracks it’s quite annoying.

I’ve attached an image of the DAC for reference & have tried all different cables (power & interconnects) but the noise is still there. Anyone got any ideas????

I'm Rob.

I have one of these that I modified many years ago. I cannot now remember what the mod was for but involved replacing or adding some resistors to counter an imbalance in something or other. Really helpful I hear you say! I do always keep paper copies of long internet threads for this sort of thing and I will have it somewhere.

So far as your squeal is concerned. The LiTe does not have a signal lock-on LED and so it is not easy to tell if the Dig signal is good or not. I seem to remember having similar with an old Dac which was linked to the Dig signal. I am not sure that having a look inside the case will give you any pointers. It could be the CS8414 Digital Receiver has a fault, but don't quote me on that.

There is a thread on Diyaudio about noise which it seems turned out to be 2 faulty Dac chips. It seems that these ran a lot hotter than the others. I have not had this problem with mine. This thread also talks about "the resistor" mod which I assume is what I mentioned above. I will try to find the details.

EDIT: Details of the resistor mod HERE
    https://www.head-fi.org/threads/circ...sy-fix.198589/
    Last edited by Puffin; 08-06-2019 at 13:24.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Russell.

Thanks for your detailed reply, I’ll take a look at the mods etc for this DAC but after some more investigation Its definitely an interference issue as it’s working fine in another system in a different part of the house.
    Think the electrics here are very prone to background noise as get problems in my main system downstairs with DC, static, ground loops etc. Good job I’m moving soon!
    Now, how to go about fixing this problem...,

I'm Rob.

The resistor mod it seems was to reduce the current going to the Dac chips as the resistors as standard were incorrect. I did carry out the passive mod (removing the op-amps) and adding some fancy caps to the output.as this was said to make the Dac better/smoother/more analogue. It didn't sound any worse, but I eventually returned it to stock by replacing the op-amps.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeman1973 View Post
    Thanks for your detailed reply, I’ll take a look at the mods etc for this DAC but after some more investigation Its definitely an interference issue as it’s working fine in another system in a different part of the house.
    Think the electrics here are very prone to background noise as get problems in my main system downstairs with DC, static, ground loops etc. Good job I’m moving soon!
    Now, how to go about fixing this problem...,
    Have you tried another dac in the problem system to confirm it's not the source? Is there any noise when the source is turned off? Never come across this before but might be worth testing for grounding issues? If possible also try toslink optical to see if it also has the noise.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Pavel.

If there is a wi-fi router nearby, its interference can manifest itself as high-pitched noise.

Ask me how I know

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Shovel_Knight View Post
    If there is a wi-fi router nearby, its interference can manifest itself as high-pitched noise.

Ask me how I know
    Good call

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread