+ Reply to Thread
Page 1114 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 11461410141064110411121113111411151116112411641214 ... LastLast
Results 11,131 to 11,140 of 14743

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm Grant.

having gluten free fish fingers and chips. not had fish fingers for years.. saw the gf ones and thought, why not.

pic to follow

well, it was edible, but i remember now why i dont eat fish fingers
    Last edited by struth; 28-03-2021 at 15:08. Reason: Pic added
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    oddly my driving skills are still pretty good, but that may be as i drove sort of professionally(ie, a lot in different vehicles etc) .. concentration isnt an issue for me, just that my hip gets sore quite quickly. judging distances etc are fine but i do need driving glasses as my long distance is slightly blurred now. not too bad but i need them. Never had an accident against me in nearing 50 yrs driving. Not had a parking or speeding ticket either. and i used to regularly drive over 400mls a day.

if i ever feel im not driving as well as i can or used to, i will give it up.
    Yup, no doubt your considerable experience of driving when you were younger has helped. How are you though when other people are in the car, talking amongst each other and/or to you, while you're trying to concentrate on driving? Or maybe, you've not done that in a long time?

That's often the acid test for me, and certainly where my dad struggles (concentrating on two or three things at once), whereas when you're younger you just take all that in your stride. Reaction time, is also another thing, should having to brake suddenly be necessary, or anticipating danger and being aware enough to spot things before they happen.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yup, no doubt your considerable experience of driving when you were younger has helped. How are you though when other people are in the car, talking amongst each other and/or to you, while you're trying to concentrate on driving? Or maybe, you've not done that in a long time?

That's often the acid test for me, and certainly where my dad struggles (concentrating on two or three things at once), whereas when you're younger you just take all that in your stride. Reaction time, is also another thing, should having to brake suddenly be necessary, or anticipating danger and being aware enough to spot things before they happen.

Marco.
    im inclined to drive alone, but someone talking is no different really than my talking books i have on. im pretty good at spotting an issue before it often happens, and thats where experience comes in. Reaction time will have slowed(it always does as you age) but if your experienced you can avoid issues by seeing them in advance etc.. also driving a little slower too especially when weather is not good, visibility, rds you dont know or heavier traffic etc.
    Ive found driving faster usually gains you little in long run, except more stress. patience with other drivers is also needed more now.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Yup, defo

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Yup, defo

Marco.
    if you or the princess are in my car you shall both be safe
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Lol, cheers... If the princess *gets in* your car, mate, you'll be honoured, as you know what she's like! Many have failed to meet the required standard..

But, she says that she's no doubt her uncle Granty would have his car nice and clean for her

Have you ironed the red carpet yet?

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Lol, cheers... If the princess *gets in* your car, mate, you'll be honoured, as you know what she's like! Many have failed to meet the required standard..

But, she says that she's no doubt her uncle Granty would have his car nice and clean for her

Have you ironed the red carpet yet?

Marco.
    black leather heated seats should keep her booty warm black carpets too alas; she will have to slum it a bit, but sure she will be happy with all her exciting bits n bobs
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Oh I'm sure she'd be well catered for, lol...

Marco.
    Main System

A nice bit of Coq...

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Nice coq. More mash for me but chicken and sauce looks epic
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread