+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast

Thread: Anyone had a play with Tellurium wires?

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Maybe you need a graphic equaliser?

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Maybe you need a graphic equaliser?

Marco.
    Ooh what would that do to everything .....
    Besides being sacrilege it could be interesting
    Nah 2nd thoughts it would be bizarre and horrid
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

It's a kind of 'in-joke' around here too, Mike!

On a serious note, though, you may well find that, in some ways, your old Akai Gx265, Rotel Amp, Leak 2075 system was more fun to listen to, even if the sound it made wasn't strictly as accurate.

The fact is, some systems and equipment can flatter certain recordings (such as your favs), but usually fall apart, when given something of genuine high-fidelity to work with.

That's also why certain music, played on an LP12 (of a certain vintage) doesn't sound 'right', when played on anything else, and those selling them at the time knew it... You can either continue working within the confines of your system's inherent colorations, or broaden your sonic horizons (and music collection), working towards greater fidelity.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Tom.

To answer your question Marco, I like my struck bass to have a very clean leading edge and an even cleaner trailing edge with no boom or overhang at all - the way a transient should be. Snare drums for example must have the crisp 'crack' in the sound that the actual drum has otherwise for me it sounds rather artificial. I don't mean P.R.A.T that the Naim boys like either

I'm tony.

I run black and blue in my system and tried to answer Franks query early on in the thread. I am delighted that a few of the troops are hearing what I do and benefiting from what the TQ does.
    I stand by my assertion that if you like the neutrality that mark grants interconnects and co ax make then the the TQ cable will suit you. It depends how you like your colouration...making the first steps up both hierarchies has for me revealed great insight into both recordings and equipment. AOS has helped me on my journey....I am in a happy place hi fi wise.
    I dont feel the need to change my speaker or interconnect cables.... I'm happy.
    Really glad my recommendation has benefited other members.
    Tony.

I'm fuckoff.

Just got a set of Black xlr's to demo in my system (thanks Mains Cables R Us); will be intersting to see how they stand up to my Cardas neutral references.

Can't wait to get home now and have a blast

I'm fuckoff.

Just put them in; instantly sounding better in most aspects.

Sounds a lot more open, every frequency sounds like it's got room to do it's own thing. Still sound a bit... rough? similar to when I first the speaker cables, I assume (hope) that as they burn in this will settle down.

Sold, I think.

I'm Martin.

Bringing back an old thread: I bought a second-hand set of Mark Grant XLR interconnects to get my Primare BP32 / Pre combination going, and very good it sounded, too. Once the system had settled down (or I had got used to it) I started thinking about trying some more expensive cables. The rest of system runs Paul's (RFC) Venus rca cables; they're very good and I would have been happy to try an xlr version. He doesn't do demo cables, though, and as there is a fair bit of comment around that XLR cables are less fussy, I didn't want to spend a fortune with no return possible. I came across a pair of used Tellurium Q ultra blacks at 80% of new full price on a banned memeber's website. "Returns possible, but no-one's ever returned Tellurium Qs", he said.

Red rag to a bull, a challenge I was up for. Got them today, plumbed them in, and ... I lost: they're not going back ! Wonderful cables. realysm42's last post pretty much sums it up, without the touch of roughness, but mine should be well run in, if you believe in that kind of thing.
    Last edited by eisenach; 10-01-2016 at 16:48.

I'm tony.

Saw this post last night so plumbed in the tq ultra black.

The 57s are funny buggers cable wise the tqub just doesnt gell with them (neither does tq black in a single run).

Ended up trying VD blue 6mm doubled up/rhodium twist doubled up/tq black doubled up.

The tq black doubled up has stayed in-the best balance I can achieve.

I do often wonder why some folks cant hear differences between cables-synergy is the goal IMHO.

I'm Neil.

You can definitely hear differences with TQ cables. Make of that what you will.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast