Results 4,991 to 5,000 of 5118

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm Grant.

arran quarter cask

Excuse the marks on glass but my fingers has a bit of oil on them
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    arran quarter cask

Excuse the marks on glass but my fingers has a bit of oil on them
    Lovely dram that Arran
    Regards
    Robin

Origin Live Calypso MK5 turntable, Origin Live Onyx tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3.

I'm Grant.

After a nice steak pie, I'm finishing off the balblair 15.
    Not a bad drop either.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

After a nice steak pie, I'm finishing off the balblair 15.
    Not a bad drop either.
    Another nice dram grant
    Regards
    Robin

Origin Live Calypso MK5 turntable, Origin Live Onyx tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Another nice dram grant
    well sherried and smooth enough but also with a nice bit of fire on way down
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Default Château d'Anvichar Côtes de Bordeaux 2019

Château d'Anvichar Côtes de Bordeaux 2019

The wines of Castillon can be just as good as Saint Emilion next door, and many critics and top winemakers agree: "Top Castillons are already good enough to make many Saint Emilion proprietors blush”, while famous names such as Derenoncourt and Graf von Neipperg have bought estates there.

Château d’Anvichar has just five hectares of 35 year old vines on a limestone plateau – ideal for concentrated fruit. Owned and run by Vincent Galineau, a third generation winemaker, it’s named after his three sons, Antoine, Victor and Charles. Matured for a year in French oak, this is a silky, rich fruit claret.

Château d'Anvichar is an elegant, expressive wine with bramble fruit, black cherry, vanilla and spice on the nose and palate. Firmly structured with a silky texture and a long ripe fruit finish. Can be drunk now or cellared to develop further complexity. Decant carefully an hour before consumption.

15% ABV About £15 a bottle. Drink by end of 2023.
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Default Some 2020 Clarets

Just ordered a case of the 2020 L'Éphiphanie de Margaux

While this is definitely not their Grand Vin (you'd have to pay £600 a bottle for that), it is made from the same grapes, by the same team, with the same lavish no-expense-spared expertise. All classic ripe black fruit character, alongside cherry and plum, infused with subtle spice, cedar and tobacco. Triple Gold Medal winner.

14.5% ABV About £38 a bottle.

And a case of the 2020 Château Le Bonaguet

Not many wines can boast 23 top Gold medals in six years, but that’s the triumphant haul for this claret, 2015 to 2020. It’s from a small estate in Saint-Germain du Puch, between Bordeaux and Saint-Emilion. The estate grows Merlot, Malbec and Cabernet on clay and limestone soils typical of the greater Saint-Emilion region. Winner of six Gold medals.

13.5% ABV About £18 a bottle
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Bunna 12 today.. a fav of mine this... quality stuff at a resonable pricepoint

Bunnahabhain was founded in 1881 by William Robertson and brothers James and William Greenless. A very smooth, easy-drinking Islay malt, Bunnahabhain (pronounced ‘BOO-na-HAven’) closed and reopened twice during the twentieth century and eventually production was limited to a mere few weeks annually following Edrington's 1999 acquisition of previous owners Highland Distillers.

In 2003, Edrington sold Bunnahabhain to Burn Stewart Distilleries for £10 million. Included in this deal was the popular blend Black Bottle, whose contents feature a quantity of spirit from every distillery on Islay.

Today, Bunnahabhain production stands at 2.5million litres a year. Of this, 21,000 casks are kept at the distillery for maturation and the resultant whisky will be used for the Black Bottle blend and for bottling as Bunnahabhain single malt. The rest of the outturn is sent for maturation elsewhere.

In relative solitude, Bunnahabhain is the Northern-most Islay distillery. It sits in a large bay to the North East of the isle, drawing its water from the Margadale Spring.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Bunna 12 today.. a fav of mine this... quality stuff at a resonable pricepoint

Bunnahabhain was founded in 1881 by William Robertson and brothers James and William Greenless. A very smooth, easy-drinking Islay malt, Bunnahabhain (pronounced ‘BOO-na-HAven’) closed and reopened twice during the twentieth century and eventually production was limited to a mere few weeks annually following Edrington's 1999 acquisition of previous owners Highland Distillers.

In 2003, Edrington sold Bunnahabhain to Burn Stewart Distilleries for £10 million. Included in this deal was the popular blend Black Bottle, whose contents feature a quantity of spirit from every distillery on Islay.

Today, Bunnahabhain production stands at 2.5million litres a year. Of this, 21,000 casks are kept at the distillery for maturation and the resultant whisky will be used for the Black Bottle blend and for bottling as Bunnahabhain single malt. The rest of the outturn is sent for maturation elsewhere.

In relative solitude, Bunnahabhain is the Northern-most Islay distillery. It sits in a large bay to the North East of the isle, drawing its water from the Margadale Spring.

Lovely dram Bunna
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3.

I'm Grant.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread