+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Moving a washing machine

I'm Paul.

Some plastic slider cups from B&Q. You can also put some self adhesive felt pads on them if you want them to slide over vinyl.
    ~Paul~

I'm Martin.

Large , (at least double the area of the washing machine ) very heavy duty piece of cardboard.

As long as your floor is clean and dry , you can slide heavy stuff around very easily.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Discopants View Post
    Large , (at least double the area of the washing machine ) very heavy duty piece of cardboard.

As long as your floor is clean and dry , you can slide heavy stuff around very easily.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    There will be lots of cardboard left from packaging, great idea
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    There will be lots of cardboard left from packaging, great idea
    Ended up buying some castor cups from Wickes,cheap plastic cups with felt on the bottom, so far they worked great sliding easily over the newly boarded kitchen floor, fingers crossed they work as well over the lino. £3.50,
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm alan.

Hire some slaves.......

I'm Dave.

Sack trucks and cardboard may well be useful. Another way is to use a length (say 6 ft) of unwanted carpet - carpet size face down for big moves. I have used this method to move very heavy bookcases as well as other equipment and furniture.

Sometimes using smaller pieces of carpet placed under the legs can be useful too - just cut to useful sizes.

Whether this will work depends on if there's any clearance above the washing machine. This won't work to put the machine back in under a worktop if there's not enough clearance. Methods I've used for that in the past include using thin pieces of wood in the space under the machine, and putting washing up liquid on those. If the floor is tiled (rather than rough concrete screed) things are easier, but washing up liquid could still be useful.

Sometimes a lot wiggling is required - as well as brute force and ignorance.
    Dave

I'm Mike.

First piece of kit I bought when I started my company a 'few' years ago was a Slingsby hand truck / sack truck. Light grey ally, nice big rubber tyres
    Wonderfully balanced. Still have it and would not be without it even though retired.
    Makes moving anything heavy easy.
    Isobariks, tables, office desks, heavy cupboards, washing machines

Very much like this
    https://www.slingsby.com/handling-li...base114791.htm
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123