+ Reply to Thread
Page 568 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 684685185585665675685695705786186681068 ... LastLast
Results 5,671 to 5,680 of 14743

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    last time i looked pappy was over a grand. but years ago there wasnt so much interest in fancy bourbon, especially over here. none of the supermarkets sold any, bar jd. Guy is dead and shop gone but he was a wine merchant mostly, but dabbled in american spirits as he was keen on it too. said he had had the bottle sitting for years so i got it cheap.. the cork broke off trying to get it out, it had dried out. kinda spoilt the day but it didnt affect the product too much .I had to decant through a fine sieve and clean bottle ot.. then put it back and find a cork that fitted... Still it was fun. never have that kind of enjoyment again
    I like to try out the national drinks of the places I visit, plus I’m quite fond of the taste of most of the bourbons I have sampled.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

My bottle of dickel. Label has changed a bit but this was how it was then
    That looks *tremendous*, Grant... I can only imagine how good that tastes!

Shall we crack it open when I visit, and just say 'fuck it' to the outside world? Fuck yer Brexit, fuck the government, fuck EVERYTHING....

Marco.

I'm Grant.

Keep yir hands off a man's dick el. Ner
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Brunch time.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Looks good, mate. But where's the ubiquitous sprig of parsley, 'strategically draped'' over the eggs, to create that authentic '80s Wimpy bar' look? You're slipping up!

Also, have you tried making poached eggs without using some sort of mould? They're not meant to be perfectly round, you know...

https://www.eggrecipes.co.uk/recipes...y-poached-eggs

Marco.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

will remember the garnish for next time! The eggs are done in a coddler which is much easier to control when you’re trying to cook and serve 4 different meals! I do sometimes properly poach them but coddling is the easier option and you don’t lose half the white which I sometimes do poaching. Was supposed to be a relatively healthy brunch (no sausage or hash browns or black pudding) but it probably isn’t that healthy but was very tasty!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

This was what I had for breakfast last week at Byfords in Holt when we were on holiday - I am sure this will shake you to your Italian core for incorrectness!
    Alex

I'm Grant.

fryup pizza... looks interesting
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

fryup pizza... looks interesting
    Bloody lovely - local Norfolk produce, well apart from the baked beans! Much bigger than it looks in the photo - the coffee cup is massive, not a normal sized one - reckon it must be 14" across. Managed to eat it all though! (Partly explains why I put on 5lbs in a week - must be 2,000 calories at least I would guess!)
    Alex

I'm Grant.

Marco will be slashing his wrists
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread