+ Reply to Thread
Page 243 of 1173 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253293343743 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 11726

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yesh, and my clothes also had labels with my name sewn on

Just off to the farmer's market in Chester to collect the goose, for tomorrow, and get all the veg!

Marco.
    . How would you compare Turkey v Goose Marco ?. Is it similar ?, maybe like to try Goose one day.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by tapid View Post
    . How would you compare Turkey v Goose Marco ?. Is it similar ?, maybe like to try Goose one day.
    Goose tastes more like (very good) duck, and produces dark, rather than white meat, but is also a little sweeter and has a slight gamey flavour all of its own. Properly cooked [essential to render down the copious quantities of fat generated, so that the meat is nicely moist but not greasy], and wrapped in smoked streaky bacon or pancetta, before roasting, it's utterly delicious!

It's knocks turkey into a cocked hat. Much more moist and flavourful, but it helps if you like bones, not just breast meat. In that respect, 'turkey crowns' are my bête noire, so dry, bland and boring!

However... If you decide to 'go goose', *do not* buy one from a supermarket, as it'll be grossly inferior to the real thing. You MUST get it from a proper butcher, who will source it from a local farm - or even better - if you know of a farm near you that sells geese, direct to the public, then buy it there.

Best of all, is that the goose fat makes wonderful roast potatoes!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    already made pork sausagemeat, sage, onion and apple one too. they picked that up yesterday as i froze it after making. it was lovely too..
    Nice one, mate. What the menu then for tomorrow then, and will you be involved in any of the cooking - or are you just going to enjoy the opportunity of being served for a change?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

nope, ive done my bit turkey broth soup then turkey with all the trimmings. choice of a couple of desserts..i might have both may be other things but im not a big eater so will depend on room. i gave them a bottle of red wine but i wont be imbibing... water probably
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Nice one, apart from the lack of alcohol... Couldn't you just treat yourself to one glass of red or a wee whisky, since it's Christmas?

Oh, and who's in charge of the gravy? A VITAL ingredient in any 'roast dinner'!

Please don't tell me it'll be 'sponsored by Bisto'...

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Nice one, apart from the lack of alcohol... Couldn't you just treat yourself to one glass of red or a wee whisky, since it's Christmas?

Oh, and who's in charge of the gravy? A VITAL ingredient in any 'roast dinner'!

Please don't tell me it'll be 'sponsored by Bisto'...

Marco.
    no, Bob will be making homemade gravy as usual... he's a fan of the young lad you mentioned. he's a good cook, as is Angela, although Bob is better.
    As for booze, I could and was offered a lift etc but im happy without it and dont want to start again at moment anyway.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    no, Bob will be making homemade gravy as usual... he's a fan of the young lad you mentioned. he's a good cook, as is Angela, although Bob is better.
    As for booze, I could and was offered a lift etc but im happy without it and dont want to start again at moment anyway.
    No worries, and glad to hear that the gravy will be properly made, which 'Bisto' is an affront to!

Tomorrow's menu, chez-moi:

Homemade cocktails and assorted canapés

Smoked pressed chicken terrine with mustard and honey, accompanied by thin strips of smoked Highland venison, with a fresh watercress salad and chive and crème fraîche dressing

Free-range roast Gressingham goose, wrapped in Herefordshire streaky bacon, with a homemade pork, sage and cider stuffing, all the trimmings, and served with a rich port wine and redcurrant gravy.

Baked Comice pears with ricotta and Amaretti biscuits

Small cheeseboard (consisting of various Welsh varieties) with artisan crackers

Freshly ground Mocha coffee and petits fours

Wines:

Tavel Rosé Les Lauzeraies 2016

Fontanafredda Langhe Nebbiolo 2005

Châteauneuf du Pape, Domaine du Père Caboche Rouge 2015

Tokaji Aszu Puttonyos, Chateau Dereszla.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm sorted.

That all sounds delicious Marco. How many are you catering for?, there'll be 11 of us

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    That all sounds delicious Marco. How many are you catering for?, there'll be 11 of us
    thats just marco's helping
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adam.

It's knocks turkey into a cocked hat. Much more moist and flavourful, but it helps if you like bones, not just breast meat. In that respect, 'turkey crowns' are my bête noire, so dry, bland and boring!
    Whilst I haven’t ever tried goose (but would like to), I have to take issue with this. If your turkey really is ‘bland and boring’, then you’ve either got a crap turkey or you’re not cooking it properly!

We had the full Christmas dinner with my family last weekend and the turkey was stunning. Even the breast was as moist as a moist thing that had been well lubricated!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

+ Reply to Thread