+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 71 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Grounding boxes - The real deal

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    One of the most well known Mic's in the business! https://en-de.neumann.com/u-87-ai#technical-data
    On a similar line Brüel & Kjear make some of the most widely used and accurate measuring microphones in the world and the one generally used for measurement of SPL is https://www.bksv.com/en/products/tra...artridges/4145 Type 4145 which has a frequency range of 2.6hz to 18khz, and "designed for low-level and laboratory free-field measurements, it is also suitable for sound pressure measurements in accordance with IEC 61672 Class 1" which is the recognised standard range for testing for hearing damage.

They also make the 4194 which will go up to 40khz, however this mic tends to be used in industrial applications where extreme constant high frequencies are emitted at very high sound pressure levels.

The 4145 is the one that is generally used to record SPL's and assess environmental impacts generally, I believe this is because it is generally recognised that the majority of human hearing drops off rapidly beyond 18khz.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Tony.

Martin

My credibility is just fine thank you.

I suspect you did not read the post clearly, what I said was 'perceived' not heard extra harmonic structures in reproduced music.
    A great many speakers have bandwidth going way beyond 22Khz and more:- Focal (40Khz), Magico (50Khz), Sonus Faber (35Khz) YG (40Khz +), Quadral (65Khz),Verity audio (60Khz) Tad (100Khz) Rock-port technologies (35Khz), Audio Nec (45Khz), Wilson audio (35Khz) etc.

Those guys that use super-tweeters do not just 'perceive' extended upper frequencies, they also gain improved bottom end depth and details coupled with a more smoother and open mid ban presence. Even the beloved Tannoy's have they own version which has a 62Khz bandwidth going up to a 'Usable 100Khz' So is that a sales gimmick on their behalf?

Product information"

With regard to microphones, yes they are many very highly respected 20Khz phone's agree 100%, we actually use one of those mentioned in of the studio's, however we also use Sanken and Earthworks models which have 40Khz and 100khz bandwidths. Depending on what you are recording, female vocals, classical ensemble, folk, Rock or metal, each genre requires a different approach.

Interestingly we have one of these new mike designs on order, has been creating a lot of buzz in the pro industry for its superb handing of the whole soundscape.

Ehrlund EHR-M

Good to see lively debate again!
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C View Post
    Incredible microphone, I've read about it's development before. Inspired shape for the pick-up element.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C View Post
    Martin

My credibility is just fine thank you.

I suspect you did not read the post clearly, what I said was 'perceived' not heard extra harmonic structures in reproduced music.
    !
    So 'perceived' is not the same as 'heard'? Assuming I accept that for a second can you show me the research that says that we 'perceive' sounds at a higher frequency than 22KHz?

Do that and I'll get off your back
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

http://www.aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=5509 i did find that such studies have been done. not paying for the paper tho
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

I know the studies have been done that's why I'm pretty confident in what I'm saying.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    So 'perceived' is not the same as 'heard'? Assuming I accept that for a second can you show me the research that says that we 'perceive' sounds at a higher frequency than 22KHz?

Do that and I'll get off your back
    Yes perceived doesn't necessarily mean hear. You perceive very deep bass, you don't hear it.
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm Martin.

You feel deep bass. Not sure that you can feel 45Khz though.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    You feel deep bass. Not sure that you can feel 45Khz though.
    It's about sensing it. Can you define how you perceive 8Hz? I don't find it because my trousers are flapping. I may well be sensing pressure changes but that's only my supposition. 45kHz when it's a harmonic of a note we can hear may well be perceived in some way....I don't know for sure but I'm not ruling it out.

Oh I see the previously linked scientific paper supports some form of such sensing of high frequencies.
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    http://www.aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=5509 i did find that such studies have been done. not paying for the paper tho

AES may be charging for it but it looks like the authors have put it in the public domain.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 71 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast