+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steaming options

I'm Lee.

Default Streaming options

I知 seriously thinking of going all streaming for my music from Tidal. I currently have Turntable and bluseound node streamer.
    I知 looking at getting a NAD M10 (」2000) or Naim uniti star and doing away with my turntable and node, I値l be using Kef r3 speakers and rel s2 sub. Has anyone got any better steaming options a this price point?
    Last edited by ljcarr; 30-12-2019 at 17:44.

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    Lucy Lui?
    She is the one at the local Thai massage place lol 😂

I'm Shane.

Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

I'm Ian.

I don't know the Play version but the Vena 2 is a quite excellent amp for the money with a very competent DAC.

I'm Geoff.

Either this one or one of the options listed below https://www.amazon.co.uk/Russell-Hob...652290&sr=8-16

I'm Twisted.

Hi Lee

I've been reading up on these systems too recently, though I have yet to road test any. You seem to have found the two streamers I've identified and I can't see any obvious direct competitor (price and function).

The Uniti Star has a built in CD player. The Atom seems the closer competitor to the M10.
    The Atom has been really positively reviewed. It has TIDAL but I don't see the ability to decode MQA on the spec sheet (I may have missed it).
    The NAD uses BluOS, which apparently confers the ability to play Amazon Music. This might be significant in a future decision as I suspect we may see some rationalisation of streaming services (this is just my speculation).

For 」500 less NAD also has the Classic 658 streamer - a less sexy box with no screen or amp.
    Simon

MINI DSP SHD; Longdog 300b; Reiver Fenwicks

Twitter @siashmore

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashmore View Post
    Hi Lee

I've been reading up on these systems too recently, though I have yet to road test any. You seem to have found the two streamers I've identified and I can't see any obvious direct competitor (price and function).

The Uniti Star has a built in CD player. The Atom seems the closer competitor to the M10.
    The Atom has been really positively reviewed. It has TIDAL but I don't see the ability to decode MQA on the spec sheet (I may have missed it).
    The NAD uses BluOS, which apparently confers the ability to play Amazon Music. This might be significant in a future decision as I suspect we may see some rationalisation of streaming services (this is just my speculation).

For 」500 less NAD also has the Classic 658 streamer - a less sexy box with no screen or amp.
    The Naim Atom and NAD M10 do seem to be the most up-to-date and advanced streamers in that price range. I Was also thinking of the NAD C 658 streamer combined with the NAD C 268 Stereo Power Amplifier instead of the M 10, not sure which would sound best and which is more future proof. I致e had a demo of the M10 and it does sound excellent, I might have to bring it home at some point and compare it to my current set up of the primaire I32 and blue sound node.

I'm Twisted.

I was thinking of the 658 but for 'relatively' little additional outlay, the M10/Atom amp/streamers seem to give much more value.

What are your thoughts about Naim's compatibility (or lack thereof) with Amazon?
    Simon

MINI DSP SHD; Longdog 300b; Reiver Fenwicks

Twitter @siashmore

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashmore View Post
    I was thinking of the 658 but for 'relatively' little additional outlay, the M10/Atom amp/streamers seem to give much more value.

What are your thoughts about Naim's compatibility (or lack thereof) with Amazon?
    The naim not having Amazon isn’t really an issue for me as I generally use TIDAL and Spotify but the naim not playing MQA file mite be!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast