+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: tv hifi spotting

I'm Martin.

Dawn of the Dead (the original not the remake) they have a Beocentre in the room over the shopping mall with linear tracking TT but I don't know which model it is. Odd choice though when they have a whole hi-fi store to loot for kit.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Rob.

You can often see a Cambridge separates pile in Eastenders, but have never seen any speakers....maybe they don't have any as they can't ever have time to listen to music as they are all too busy shouting and scheming at each other and shouting "I will get eet sorted....alright!"

I saw a great system on Escape to The Country which occupied a whole room. The speakers were MBL and looked something like these.

Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

synsei Guest

Grand Designs usually has the odd, interesting system on show.. Spotted a full Quad setup in one episode the other day (no TT though). Wouldn't like to attempt to identify some of the components as I'm not au fait on the various models but I did note two 306's and a pair of ESL 63's...

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    I saw a great system on Escape to The Country which occupied a whole room. The speakers were MBL and looked something like these.

Wasn't our Jerry's was it ?

synsei Guest

You can often see a Cambridge separates pile in Eastenders, but have never seen any speakers....maybe they don't have any as they can't ever have time to listen to music as they are all too busy shouting and scheming at each other and shouting "I will get eet sorted....alright!"

My bad, I thought that was a posh blender....

I'm Andr'e.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    Grand Designs usually has the odd, interesting system on show.. Spotted a full Quad setup in one episode the other day (no TT though). Wouldn't like to attempt to identify some of the components as I'm not au fait on the various models but I did note two 306's and a pair of ESL 63's...
    Why is it that people you see with posh houses have tiny TV's & shyte stereos? I noticed this when Through the keyhole used to come on TV

I'm Martin.

It's interesting that people in soaps, even youngsters, are never shown listening to music or watching TV.

One exception I can recall was Coronation St in the 1980s when after having a disastrous series of child 'actresses' playing the young Tracey Barlow they abandoned the idea entirely. To keep the character alive if anyone asked about her Deidre would reply: 'Tracey's in her bedroom playing her turps'. That went on for some years...
    Current Lash Up:

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Why is it that people you see with posh houses have tiny TV's & shyte stereos? I noticed this when Through the keyhole used to come on TV
    Oi, easy fella

Through The Keyhole, now there's a blast from the past. We talking Amstrad 'Towers of Power' here?

I'm Martin.

'Through The Keyhole' has been back on the telly ages. Channel 5 I think. Try to keep up folks.
    Current Lash Up:

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    'Through The Keyhole' has been back on the telly ages. Channel 5 I think. Try to keep up folks.
    The Gadget Show was about the only thing I watched on CH5 however the new format is shite so no longer. It all went tits up when Suzi Perry left...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast