+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Raspberry pi and the delights of invisible media!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Ok, so sound quality is better via MicroSd than SSD? I can try that today too.
    ive always used a self powered hdd, but with av i dont really need it now as i can fly by wire
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    nope, just have the upnp etc on on the pi which should be on from default i think. av will pick it up on your pc and you select the pi as a dac . you can then alsio set the processing there too if you want. on av you just click connect to tidal and enter your password etc and it will pull in all your albums etc saved there to av. you can work the whole thing from av then, and sound comes out of pi to stereo. clever
    Ok, I think I'll probably fail but I'll try

I'm Grant.

Ok, I think I'll probably fail but I'll try
    should be a breeze. not much to it really
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Amazon have a 400gb SanDisk micro sd for just over 80 quid currently.

That's 20p per gig. Dare I say cheap as chips!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Amazon have a 400gb SanDisk micro sd for just over 80 quid currently.

That's 20p per gig. Dare I say cheap as chips!
    cheap as chips!

I'm Mike.

SSD In the Pi so no need for the cable. I will be trying tidal when I can figure out how to do it on the pi.

Then, it will be wired.
    If you have an Android phone or tablet use Bubble uPnP app ( it's not available on iOS ). The app accesses your Tidal account once you've entered your details and then Bubble can control Tidal and Tidal will send it direct to your Pi.

Here's a screenshot of what services Bubble can control directly.

Bigman80 Guest

Thanks Mike. I am way out of my depth at the minute so I'll have a look at it too.

I'm Mike.

Thanks Mike. I am way out of my depth at the minute so I'll have a look at it too.
    Using Bubble is child's play, and you don't need your PC or laptop

I'm inactive.

I've used all three - SSD, pendrive and micro sd - never noticed a blind bit of difference BUT the micro sd is handy (although requiring an adapter)

Got a USB 3.0 adapter for this purpose (most are USB 2.0) ... also didn't seem to make any difference ... although it does get much hotter in use

In the end I just use pen drives - as cheap as flash memory nowadays.

Not impressed at all with 'over the air' playback via Audirvana from my Mac ... but each to their own and YMMV etc. etc.

Bigman80 Guest

So far this morning I've used, SSD and USB flash drive. Both are 3.0.

I can't say either are better than the other.

Had a play with internet radio, some good some bad

Next up is playing with Bubbles.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast