+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: M2TECH Young DAC help!

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    In all the fiddling I've done recently Windows 10 sees the full capability of class 2 devices natively. The M2 Young dac uses the Hiface usb interface which Windows 10 supports.

As of ver. 1703 Windows 10 supports class 2 - current version is 1903.

There is some discussion on t'internet that the hiface driver (as updated for Windows 10) is better than the Windows 10 driver.

But I think Oli has moved onto an RPi solution since this thread.
    I've got a HiFace 1 and I know the compatibility is (or was) more of a problem than the 2. Hopefully that's been solved since I looked into it.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I've got a HiFace 1 and I know the compatibility is (or was) more of a problem than the 2. Hopefully that's been solved since I looked into it.

You can but just try Lawrence. Ensure your Windows 10 version is updated. Use the winver command.

E

§
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Lawrence.

I don't have W10 Edward I just remembered reading it when I was researching a purchase.

I'm Ian.

did anyone get a definitive answer to this?

I have just taken the Young Dac off my SB Touch and thought I would try it on my W10 pc. I had read this thread so was expecting challenges. But I am beat.

If I install the win7Vista103_Young_Vaughan driver it finds the dac and installs, I couldnt get any of the other drivers to work.

It plays and sounds good too, so far so good.

I can even get it to receive and play at 384/32 !!

BUT and its a BIG BUT

it looks as if W10 is resampling everything so it it only outputs at the refresh rate set for when "devices are shared". so if I set the shared output to 44.1 the dac detects 44.1 if I set it to 384/32 the dac shows 384

I seem to have the same problem on W7 too ???

I'm Ian.

Think I have cracked it, I hadnt clicked apply when I installed WASPI into foo bar.

I'm Grant.

lol... good youve solved it. good dacs the youngs
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Ian.

Big Smile, just downloaded a 384/24 test track and it plays !!!

W10 laptop via foobar2000 with WASAPI output support installed

Install WASAPI via file/components/get more components, then APPLY

Next select WASAPI (push) SPDIF interface Young selected via file/preferences/playback/output/device
    Last edited by Mr.Ian; 08-01-2020 at 16:25. Reason: more info added

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678