+ Reply to Thread
Page 384 of 512 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384385386394434484 ... LastLast
Results 3,831 to 3,840 of 5114

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm Grant.

End of another bottle. Clearing the dregs I think it's called.

This is Tamnavulin sherry cask. Fairly cheap n cheerful this. Quite decent for under 30 notes.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Picked these up a while ago and have just arrived today.
    2 mini water jugs for whisky.
    Big Ben and eros. Both made by Wade.

Some Glenallachie 15 in background

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

A fine Bourbon today. The Eagle Rare, 10yr old.
    It's not malt but it's smooth and warming. For money, and if you fancy starting on bourbon this is a very good start point
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Powers John's Lane.
    A new bottle design; same quality

think i preferred the old bottle.

yes same quality spitit.. very nice drink indeed.
    Last edited by struth; 17-12-2020 at 18:33.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Julian.

I took a punt on this Austrian ‘Gruner Veltliner' tonight for around a tenner and am absolutely blown away by its quality.

The fruit is deliciously ripe and rich, somewhere inbetween Sauv Blanc and Viognier territory but it has an earthy, chalky steeliness and a bit of pepper on the finish.
    I will definitely be back for more!

Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm guy.

where from ?
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Julian.

Just the local off-licence but worth looking out for this or other producers ...
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm Justin.

Gruner is my current white wine fave.

I'm Grant.

Dalmore Port Wood Reserve.

46.5% no colouring. matured in American white oak and finished in Tawny port tubes.

Caramel and sweet stewed fruits. Quite creamy. A bit of orange too. A slight dry finish.
    Quite powerful so water may assist. Nice tho

edit, yes a half teaspoon is helpful in opening up and smoothing edges. a nice drop.

growing on me more and more
    Last edited by struth; 18-12-2020 at 15:27.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Wolfburn Aurora Sherry Cask.
    My last bottle of this.. Young but very tasty from what may be a distillery to watch.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread