+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Topping D30 DSD DAC + Dual 15v Linear PSU

I'm Edward.

Default FS: Topping D30 DSD DAC + Dual 15v Linear PSU

Mint Topping D30 and linear PSU. £110 collection (N2) or courier at cost. Cash or PP gift.

NOW SOLD.

I got this pair from Julesd68 a few weeks back as an experiment and to cater for a short term need.

DAC accepts optical, coax digital and USB all up to 24/192. USB input also accepts DSD 128.

Wonderful full and detailed sound. Conveys a wide and deep image. The linear PSU adds body, texture, weight as well as a more 'organic' sound. Linear PSU is a Weiling Audio PSU. Not opened it up but feels very substantial. Has dual 15v outputs.

DAC comes complete with box, manuals, all cables and switched mode PSU. The linear PSU comes with two output cables, but no mains cable or original box. Everything 'as new' condition.

Last edited by struth; 22-09-2019 at 23:29.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Steve.

Does this little tinker come with a USB cable to connect a laptop? If so i may well be interested.

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    Does this little tinker come with a USB cable to connect a laptop? If so i may well be interested.
    It sure does Steve. It is in the plastic bag seen in a couple of pics.

All you need is a mains cable for the linear psu, but if you want one I can include one.

Cheers
    Edward

§
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    It sure does Steve. It is in the plastic bag seen in a couple of pics.

All you need is a mains cable for the linear psu, but if you want one I can include one.

Cheers
    Edward

§
    Trying to talk myself into this as iv'e heard Alan Firebottles D50 and it was blinking good but i am only wanting to get my laptop through my amps so do i need such an elaborate power supply?

I'm Edward.

The linear PSU is definitely worth having Steve. I was struck by the difference it made. I ran the DAC for a few days just to get a sense of its sound and then plugged in the linear PSU. big positive difference.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    Trying to talk myself into this as iv'e heard Alan Firebottles D50 and it was blinking good but i am only wanting to get my laptop through my amps so do i need such an elaborate power supply?
    Yes.

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Edward.

Thanks Steve (floyddroid) for the super easy sale.

I'll get it to you asap.

I'm Steve.

Thanks Steve (floyddroid) for the super easy sale.

I'll get it to you asap.
    Hey Edward got it this afternoon. All up and running. Many thanks. Top geezer.

I'm Edward.

Great to hear.

Impressions of SQ?

I'm Steve.

Great to hear.

Impressions of SQ?
    Not too shabby at all. I haven't listened to any hi res files yet though. I played some Mp3's via USB courtesy of my HP laptop And surprised at the level of detail and slam. I also played some Cd's with my Arcam CD23 FMJ connected via coax. Mid range was inferior to the CD23's on board DAC. All good though. I can now use my laptop through my system with reasonable results. For the money it's absolutely bonkers. I will get a better idea at the weekend. Thanks again Edward.

+ Reply to Thread