+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Thread: Deaf Row!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Which do you prefer Geoff? I favoured the 306 over a 606.
    I'm actually using a 707, but they sound near enough identical to the 606 Mk.II. Anyway, I think I may also be leaning more towards the 306, at least in my current system setup. Of course with different speakers or pre-amp or front end that could be different. That's not to say the 707 isn't good though, because it sounds very fine.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Shane.

Geoff, which extension block is that in the background?

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998_mk2 View Post
    Geoff, which extension block is that in the background?

S.
    A nice chunky one I got from LIDL years ago.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Bought these today for a bit of fun. Ruark Swordsman Plus speakers, nice sounding compacts. That's a listing photo, I'm due to collect Wednesday.

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    You'd be surprised how heavy the drivers both are. Pretty hefty for the size. I have a project in mind using only vintage drive units.

Clue. I'll have to design a steep 13.5 kHz supertweeter filter now.
    Hi there, old post I know; I've just been given a single Eagle DL 67 speaker (the other was lost...). I would like to bring it back to life for it to find a new home and life. The potentiometer, the capacitor and the coil do look clean, in shape and good. A multimeter test could tell otherwise, that I'll do later.

But when plug it in my amp and give it some volume the horn just screech real nasty like and intermittently. That is when it does sound by fiddling with the potentiometer. Other wise it's silent. The medium driver sounds less bad but also intermittently. Did you manage make yours sing since ?
    - Cart Denon DL-102 in bakelite Ortofon SPU 'G' type headshell
    - TA SME 3009 'Improved' converted in heavy mass with detachable headshell
    - TT Thorens TD160 'E' totally tweaked driven by an 'Eagle & RoadRunner' PSU & tachometer combo
    - Matts top to bottom: leather, cork, felt & 12" vinyl
    - Pre-amp 'Modulis' Isem
    - Amp 'Exampli' Etalon 2x40W
    - Speakers 12" Leak 'Sandwich' first generation creatively recapped

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Bought these today for a bit of fun. Ruark Swordsman Plus speakers, nice sounding compacts. That's a listing photo, I'm due to collect Wednesday.

Sold my ones for £60 what i payed they are much underrated i liked them..
    Amplifier & Graphic EQ
    Kenwood A65 with GE 850 Graphic EQ
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Loudspeakers
    Wharfedale Diamond 9.0

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman91 View Post
    Sold my ones for £60 what i payed they are much underrated i liked them..
    I'm looking forward to trying these. Not heard any for years, but I remember them sounding very decent.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by tlscapital View Post
    Hi there, old post I know; I've just been given a single Eagle DL 67 speaker (the other was lost...). I would like to bring it back to life for it to find a new home and life. The potentiometer, the capacitor and the coil do look clean, in shape and good. A multimeter test could tell otherwise, that I'll do later.

But when plug it in my amp and give it some volume the horn just screech real nasty like and intermittently. That is when it does sound by fiddling with the potentiometer. Other wise it's silent. The medium driver sounds less bad but also intermittently. Did you manage make yours sing since ?
    At a guess, I'd say the L Pad (potentiometer) needs cleaning with some switch cleaner. The speakers are not well designed, as the crossover rolls the tweeter in at around 3kHz at 6db/oct. It should actually employ a 2nd order (minimum) filter above 5kHz.

I bought a couple of pairs of DL67's simply for the bass drivers, as they were made by Coral and are very nice sounding units. Well suited to horn cabinets and the like.

I'm Geoff.

Been giving the Ruarks a spin. Sounding very nice!

I'm Alex.

6 1/2" bass units?
    Spendorman

+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast