+ Reply to Thread
Page 225 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 1251752152232242252262272352753257251225 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 14743

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

You like your sweet and sour, Granty!

Quite a mild evening in Wrexham, warm enough to have a barbecue outside, so that's what we're doing... Once we've finished our Campari Soda aperitifs, we'll be starting off with some roasted portobello mushrooms with pine nuts and halloumi:

Watched this being made this morning on Saturday Kitchen and it looked good!

Same as this spiced green bean and tomato dish:

...which will be accompanying some barbecued piri-piri chicken:

...washed down with a nice bottle of Tesco's Finest Valpolicella Ripasso:

Laters, muchachos!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Looking good as always.

Now you need to master the pancake roll.
    Know how they are made but not done it.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    You like your sweet and sour, Granty!

Quite a mild evening in Wrexham, warm enough to have a barbecue outside, so that's what we're doing... Once we've finished our Campari Soda aperitifs, we'll be starting off with some roasted portobello mushrooms with pine nuts and halloumi:

Watched this being made this morning on Saturday Kitchen and it looked good!

Same as this spiced green bean and tomato dish:

...which will be accompanying some barbecued piri-piri chicken:

...washed down with a nice bottle of Tesco's Finest Valpolicella Ripasso:

Laters, muchachos!

Marco.
    You do like your bbq. Lol

S and s is good and I had lots of the ingredients. Such is the life of the cook for one life
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    You do like your bbq. Lol

S and s is good and I had lots of the ingredients. Such is the life of the cook for one life
    Ha - only because I like the flavour of barbecued meat, plus it facilitates us eating outside in nice weather (such as this evening)

I also like a good sweet and sour (and yours looks good), but for me it's more of a winter dish. When the weather's nice like this, I prefer other things.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

I assume pictures one and two are Del's and picture three is all for you (greedy guts!)

Looks better than the pizza I had for tea. I'm on a health kick at the moment, so no chips with it

I'll eat better tomorrow - a free meal at the pub, as a thank you for helping the chef with something this morning. I know he's doing something with venison, so that will probably be it.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

LOL - yes, but I might save some of the chicken and eat more of the veg, as I love my veg - and the mushrooms (just being served up now) look gorgeous!

Italians (and indeed most Europeans) LIVE TO EAT, not eat to live, like many Brits (obviously excluding our members who post on this thread, who clearly enjoy their grub), so GOOD food is a *massive* part of our lives and culture - and we like to eat well, and healthily, too. It's why we generally live to a ripe old age

Life's too short to eat boring food..... It's really bad for the soul.

Enjoy your pub lunch tomorrow, sounds like it'll be good!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Steve.

My daughter's fiancé's family are Italian and apparently live in the hills miles from anywhere. She says that when they've been over visiting, the women seem to spend most of their day in the kitchen preparing some amazing meals.

They love my daughter to bits, probably because she has a huge appetite, is never picky, and is always keen to help and learn.

They are a good match, as he is nearly as crazy as she is. A wedding over there might be a nice thing

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    My daughter's fiancé's family are Italian and apparently live in the hills miles from anywhere. She says that when they've been over visiting, the women seem to spend most of their day in the kitchen preparing some amazing meals.
    That's *exactly* how it is, and what I've experienced and become accustomed to since I was a kid: life revolves around fantastic food! Your day is planned around your meals, and food is talked about constantly, sharing recipes with friends and family, or telling each other what nice restaurants you've been to.

However, it's not only Italians who do that, but also the French, Spanish, Greeks, Portuguese, Germans, etc - almost anywhere you go abroad, GOOD (home-made) food is as important as life itself, and something we're all extremely passionate about!

They love my daughter to bits, probably because she has a huge appetite, is never picky, and is always keen to help and learn.

They are a good match, as he is nearly as crazy as she is. A wedding over there might be a nice thing
    I'm not surprised that they love her to bits - and yes Italian weddings (and religious celebrations) are amazing - that is if you love good food and drink, and plenty of it!

I remember going to the celebration of my cousin's first Holy Communion, in the little mountain village my family come from in Tuscany, I was about 12 at the time, and we arrived at their farmhouse around 12 noon, for 'lunch', which didn't finish until 6pm that evening!!

From the antipasto, followed by course after course of utterly amazing homemade pasta, vegetable and meat dishes, to the dessert and cakes afterwards, all from their own produce, and accompanied by amazing wines, again all made by themselves from their own grapes, and eaten outside in their pergola on a lovely sunny day, with everyone chatting, laughing and enjoying themselves, it was an unforgettable experience...

That's why I enjoy eating outside at home here, doing barbecues or whatever, when the weather allows, as it's in my blood [Del's too, from her German heritage] and the lifestyle our families were brought up with. Plus, in terms of Del and I, there's nothing nicer than spending time together like that, just chatting over a nice meal and enjoying each other's company.

It's what makes you close as a couple, and probably why we've been married now for nearly 27 years! It's certainly a far cry from what you so often see now, with both members of a couple glued to their phones, or worse, don't get on and spend all their time arguing!

Anyway, since you're interested in Italy, here's a pic of the little mountain village in Tuscany my family come from, called Barga:

And from another angle:

Special holiday discounts for AoS members

Marco.
    Main System

I'm sorted.

Pastie & mash & Rioja

I'm Steve.

Wow, that is a big meal! Look at those lp's next to the plate!

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread