+ Reply to Thread
Page 115 of 512 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 5113

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm Dan.

Old Golden Hen followed by Edradour 'Chateneuf du Pape' cask malt
    My Office : M2 Mac Mini Pro > Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB interface > JBL 308P MkII active studio monitors on Atacama SL600 stands via Van Damme TRS to XLR balanced cables
    The spare room : Music via Apple Music > ATV3 > optical into a Fiio D3 DAC > Arcam Alpha 10 integrated > B&W 602 S3s or AE109 speakers - Van Damme cables

I'm Grant.

Been drinking this for last couple of days.
    It's very nice
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Some recently enjoyed slurps.

2010 Château Taffard, Médoc, Bordeaux

http://www.laithwaites.co.uk/product...nan-2010/65227

(Similar to this image of the 2003 vintage)

Gold medal winner, Sélectionné par Le Guide Gilbert & Gaillard. Médaille d’Or Récolte 2010, Gold, Concours des Vignerons Independants, 2013

100% Cabernet Sauvignon

13.5% ABV. £16 a bottle. (British Airways Wine Club)

2009 Château Blanchon, Lussac Saint-Emilion

Médaille d’or Récolte 2009. Médaille d’Or, Concours de Bordeaux, Vins d’Aquitaine 2010.

14.0% ABV. £23 a bottle. Drink by December 2015

2008 Château de Pez, Saint-Estephe, Bordeaux

50% Merlot, 45% Cabernet Sauvignon and 5% Petit Verdot.

http://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=725045

€100

2011 Château Le Coin, Bordeaux

80% Merlot, 15%; Cabernet Sauvignon and 5% Cabernet Franc

Gold medal winner: Concours General Agricole de Paris, 2012

14.5% ABV £10 a bottle (Laithwaites). Drink by end 2015

2007 Château Capbern Gasqueton, Medoc Saint-Estephe

60% Cabernet Sauvignon; 25-30% Merlot and 10-15% Cabernet Franc.

13% ABV. Approx £19 a bottle

2007 Château Le Boscq, Saint-Estephe

60% Merlot and 40% Cabernet Sauvignon

http://librairie.thienot.com/media/m...-2012-fr-0.pdf

Co-op. Approx £25 a bottle, though can be found for ~£15 by shopping around.
    Last edited by Barry; 29-04-2015 at 00:22. Reason: Images added
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Some nice wines there Barry.. Probably more than I like to pay tbh but on an occasion I spend that kind of money... a hundred is ott though, although I once paid more for a very aged bottle of Bourbon...it was awesome
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Haha - at least you read the post thoroughly!

I did actually pay €100 (~ £80) for the 2008 Château de Pez, since it was bought as part of dinner at a top class restaurant in Athens (The Hotel Grande Bretagne), where wines are charged at three times the dealer's price.

2008 Château de Pez can be bought for £22 - £35 a bottle. I chose it since it was the cheapest vintage wine on the list, sharing company with the likes of say a €3,500 Pétrus or Margaux! It was a good bottle and probably worth it, I enjoyed it but I was "stuck" for choice!

Anyway, I have just taken a punt on this:

2012 La Barrique de Bordeaux

http://www.laithwaites.co.uk/product...aux-2012/65989

14% ABV £150 for a case of 12 bottles (= £12.50 a bottle) Normally £19 a bottle.

I’m rather looking forward to drinking it.
    Barry

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

http://www.grandebretagne.gr/?PS=LGE...TPRP&SWAQ=7M96

Love it, Barry! How long were you there for, and what was the food like?

When I was scrolling down your list, as soon as I spied the Pez, I knew it was going to be an expensive bottle... Still, at restaurant prices, that's not too bad. I've paid more in the past on special occasions

I think you'll enjoy the bottle I've put aside for you (a top-notch Haut-Médoc). It should be on a similar level to the Pez...

Del's taking me here for my 50th birthday in August, which is just down the road from us: http://www.peckfortoncastle.co.uk/

Should be good. I'm looking forward to reading their wine list....!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

We didn't stay there, we only used the restaurant to enjoy a good "blow out" at the end of our holiday.

To be perfectly honest I can't remember what I eat, think the entreé was a rib-eye steak cooked a point - delicious. Considering the bill came to €250 for the two of us (including €100 for the wine), the food was very reasonably priced considering the quality, service and location and ambience of the restaurant. The views of the Acropolis and Parthenon from the roof-top restaurant were quite stunning!

(Good job I took the photo of the Château de Pez before we consumed it, otherwise it might have come out looking like the image of the Château Blanchon! The latter, I should add, was not taken by me!)

Peckforton Castle looks fabulous - I'm sure you will have a wonderful evening there. You're a lucky man Marco! Don't forget to wear your DJ!
    Barry

I'm Grant.

More my level this. Not cheap this but first impression is lovely wine..just my taste

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I see it's available from Tesco. I'll check it out - Saint Chinian is an appellation new to me.

Thanks for the recommendation Grant.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I see it's available from Tesco. I'll check it out - Sainte Chinian is an appellation new to me.

Thanks for the recommendation Grant.
    Its rather nice barry, and doubt this bottle will last long Its on their Finest range and was reduced a fair bit if memory serves.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread