+ Reply to Thread
Page 996 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 496896946986994995996997998100610461096 ... LastLast
Results 9,951 to 9,960 of 10962

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Geoff.

If anything, I'd say the starting price is low. I expect to see them sell for possibly over £1500.

The driver is the professional version of the lovely sounding 3128 unit, as employed in the Balmoral, Bradley and Cheviot Mk.II models. The main differences are I believe, a higher power rated bass coil and durable rubber roll cone surround instead of the foam used on the models mentioned.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    If anything, I'd say the starting price is low. I expect to see them sell for possibly over £1500.

The driver is the professional version of the lovely sounding 3128 unit, as employed in the Balmoral, Bradley and Cheviot Mk.II models. The main differences are I believe, a higher power rated bass coil and durable rubber roll cone surround instead of the foam used on the models mentioned.
    Seriously? £1500? I don't see the value there at all.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Seriously? £1500? I don't see the value there at all.
    We'll wait and see then .
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Nice pair of Tannoy Little Red Monitor 12" here at £1200. I previously linked to some Super Gold Monitor 12X a few posts back, which are the slightly more upmarket floor standing version.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-T....c100290.m3507

Last edited by walpurgis; 08-12-2019 at 21:31.

I'm Geoff.

Cheap Tannoy fun here. A pair of DC1000 at £99 'buy it now'. Proper dual concentrics that have plenty of punch and image extremely well. Bit of a bargain!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TANNOY-DC...53.m1438.l2649

I'm inactive.

Not strictly hifi related - but too hilarious to pass up:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apple-Mac...c3dc%7Ciid%3A3

(apparently '17 sold already' )

... for reference - here is a working Mac Mini (complete with baseplate) = £100 bin price:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apple-Mac...0AAOSwf1ld7Tq5

I'm Grant.

Assume its a misprint. Probably a decimal point issue
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Assume its a misprint. Probably a decimal point issue
    Ah - so it's really £9.2699

That makes sense

I'm Edward.

Interesting pair of Eatons (although the seller describes them by their driver name). Cabs a bit battered, missing one Tannoy badge but with drivers looking ok(ish). Of course no way if they have been driven hard without a listen.

Seems fairly priced, judging from recent sales, at £550 BIN (and taking offers).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tannoy-Vi...9/254449873989
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Nathan.

Blox Stax 500 walnut av stand.
    Not on eBay but over on AV forums.
    Collection only from Derby but it's a good price to be fair At £200

https://www.avforums.com/threads/blo...#post-27568505

+ Reply to Thread