+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reinstalled raspberry pi 3 but having issues

I'm Colin.

Default Reinstalled raspberry pi 3 but having issues

Not sure what’s going on but not having a great deal of success. Used my pi and dac in my flat but have brought it to my house to attach to my main system.
    Followed the the instructions again from start to finish. Connected to amp and powered up. I used volumio on my iPad before but I can’t seem to get it to work at all. Can’t acees pi address? And can’t use volumio.local nothing seems to work. The pi is connected by Ethernet but no joy. It seemed simple when I previously set up . I deleted volumio from my iPad and restarted even downloaded. A new App but zero zip.

Any trouble shooters out there with ideas
    Colin

I'm Geoff.

have you checked that the ip address has not changed in the new setting?

I'm Colin.

Not sure how to ? But I suspect that might be the problem

Colin

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin2040 View Post
    Not sure what’s going on but not having a great deal of success. Used my pi and dac in my flat but have brought it to my house to attach to my main system.
    Followed the the instructions again from start to finish. Connected to amp and powered up. I used volumio on my iPad before but I can’t seem to get it to work at all. Can’t acees pi address? And can’t use volumio.local nothing seems to work. The pi is connected by Ethernet but no joy. It seemed simple when I previously set up . I deleted volumio from my iPad and restarted even downloaded. A new App but zero zip.

Any trouble shooters out there with ideas
    Colin
    Hi Colin
    I’m no expert, but have encountered the same issues before now.
    One thing that seems to happen to me is getting the SD card corrupted. No idea why. However, formatting it and reloading volumio (or maybe try MOode) onto SD card is worth a try.
    Also load Fing onto your iPad. You can find the IP address of everything on your network then simply find the volumio cut and past the IP address onto your browser.
    Hope this helps
    Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

Yup fing is your friend on ipad or android.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Colin.

Downloaded fing. It sees all items in my house but I can see my iPad IP address . Not sure what you mean volumio cut

I'm Grant.

Should be a listing for volumio as well. That's what you type into browser to get it up
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

I have no idea what I meant either.
    Basically run fing and it will give you all the data and stats on anything that is operating on your network.
    If Volumio is running on the Pi you will see it will be given the name volumio and you can copy the IP address from it.

I'm Edward.

If you don't want to use fing or something like that simply browse to your router via a browser. On the rear or bottom of your router will be the IP details of your router with login details (as distinct from the wifi details). It will be something like 192.168.x.x. But could be 10.x.x.x

Just type that address in a browser and when you have connected to your router find the Pi in the list of devices connected. Use that IP address in your browser and you will connect to the Pi.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Steve.

Another thing I have done on more than one occasion is forget that I have a WAP device in the house to boost the signal. It has a different address to the router and therefore doesn’t match the network that the pi sits on. Find myself checking which ‘network’ my iPhone has locked into.
    Just a thought

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast