+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 172 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your cats ( or other worthy critters )

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Ha, Ha! "(or other worthy creatures)" it said.

I do like cats too though.
    lol, I know but I just had to lol
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldpinkman View Post
    Watch out - there'll be no stopping me now
    Yes you definitely have the knack now Richard.

Have you tried experimenting with sizes? Your image hosting site probably offers options, I often use the 640x480 message board size, as I find that adequate.

Your first photo of the dogs is very nice. You may be aware that the second photo has a 'depth of field' issue, if your camera offers it, try a smaller aperture and use more light (it doesn't look like a flash shot). I'm not criticising, I turn out imperfect shots myself, but tend to know the reason.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Graeme.

These are 2 of our cats and our two lurchers.

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Yes you definitely have the knack now Richard.

Have you tried experimenting with sizes? Your image hosting site probably offers options, I often use the 640x480 message board size, as I find that adequate.

Your first photo of the dogs is very nice. You may be aware that the second photo has a 'depth of field' issue, if your camera offers it, try a smaller aperture and use more light (it doesn't look like a flash shot). I'm not criticising, I turn out imperfect shots myself, but tend to know the reason.
    Thanks Geoff. Both bits of advice much appreciated. I'll have a go with another size next. I was aware of the depth of field issue - this was a rushed response to a "cluttered arrangement" previous criticism. And maybe subliminally I was emphasising the arm as a feature - nah not really, rushed! I am rushing things, and bodging things (not least playing with Arthurs toys) ahead of taking a fairly outrageous months holiday in France. I will try to make a bit of time to do things a bit more proper in September (although the dreaded 31 January deadline looms...). Your "bitsa" is a lovely looking dog too. Wonderful he has found a loving home. Keisha in the front is from GSD rescue - we picked her up at 4 months with an aggression problem that had led the behavioral advisers (2 of them) referred by the vet to conclude there was no choice but to have her put down. You cannot imagine a soppier, happier, more loving dog. I do hope those advisers found another career

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    These are 2 of our cats and our two lurchers.
    I like the animals. You don't see many tan Lurchers. He's got big feet too like mine!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Graeme.

Thats ruby.
    Although technicaly a lurcher (well, longdog probably) she's from spain. She came over to the uk a month ago now after being found living on the streets of spain.
    She's a podenco cross of some kind (podenco is a spanish sighthound). She's slowly settling in and learning to live in a house.
    If you have a strong stomach, google podenco or galgo and see what happens to unwanted hunting dogs in spain .

Quick edit, our other dog (maeve) is a blue merle, 1/2 greyhound, 3/8 saluki and 1/8 collie. Doesnt listen to a word i say but is VERY quick!

The cats, we have a devon rex, a siamese, and a black mog who we have no pics of as he's never in!

I'm Geoff.

google podenco or galgo and see what happens to unwanted hunting dogs in spain .
    No thanks, I can imagine. Anything involving cruelty to animals (and kids) makes me want to use something heavy or sharp on the perpetrator.

I'm Graeme.

Indeed, there are alot of images and stories i wish had never entered my brain

At least this girl is safe, and the rescue continue to help as many as possible

I'm Geoff.

Just thought I'd bung another shot of Tippy on.

He's a big lad for a Lurcher. Tall and quite sturdily built, he weighs in at 70 pounds. That's what makes me think there may be a bit of Borzoi in him, he's definitely got a Borzoi like mouth, a fair old set of gnashers.

I'm Geoff.

blue merle
    Not heard of that!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 172 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast