+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 510 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm Julian.

Absolutely text-book Marlborough Pinot Noir from Brancott Estate selling for 25% off at Sainsbury.
    It's superb at £10.99 and at £8.24 it is a steal.

Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Nice recco, Jules. I'll defo check that out. I suspect it'll be a powerful bugger, though, and likely around 13.5% alc!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Nobody.

I had couple bottles of South African 'Shiraz' a bit back 14/5% blew mi socks off

I'm Julian.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Nice recco, Jules. I'll defo check that out. I suspect it'll be a powerful bugger, though, and likely around 13.5% alc!

Marco.
    13% Marco, and not overpowering in the least ...

Alcohol levels of 14, 15% don't interest me at all and am totally against some of the 'modern' styles of wine-making that substitute complexity and subtlety for stupid levels of alcohol.
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm Alan.

Default Don't you just love real ales

I'm in the UK at the moment, and I've got to say one of the things I miss in France is the fabulous selection of real ales.
    Since I've been over I've partaken of the following:

Two Hoots - Joseph Holt 4.2% A lovely refreshing ale,
    Sneck Lifter - Jennings 5.1% One of my favourites, on the bitter side but great taste,
    Ruddles County - Greene King 4.3% Nice ale but not as good as when it was Ruddles brewery at 5%,
    Golden Goose - Green King 3.8% A new one to me, good satisfying session ale,
    Hobgoblin - Wychwood Brewery 5.2% Another favourite, one of the best,
    Spitfire - Shepherd Neame 4.5% Don't mind another one,
    Old Speckled Hen - Morland 4.1% A definitive choice for good ale,
    Bishops Finger - Shepherd Neame 5.4% At the top of the bitter scale for me but flavoursome,
    Bombardier - Wells 4.7% Another nice tasty ale,
    Victory Ale - Batemans 6.0% What can I say, flavour through and through, not too many though,
    ESB - Fullers 5.9% One of my all time favourites, fabulous flavour,

In the pub today I had:
    Special - Holdens 5.0% A good ale with a cheese, black pudding and onion cob, yum,
    Summer Lightning - Hopback Brewery 5.1% A forgotten favourite, I could drink this till I fell over,

Needless to say a lie down was in order, but I,ve got to sample some more tonight at a bit of a get together

It's a hard life,

Alan
    Last edited by Firebottle; 21-09-2013 at 16:19. Reason: spelling, hic, twice
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Nobody.

I got absolutely rat arsed last night on the best Stout i have ever tasted.

Acorn 'Gorlovka' Imperial Stout 6% yum yum yum

I'm Confused.

Anybody tried Stella Artois Cidre? I have and I think it's great. Don't write it off as low alcohol 'cos it ain't. I don't drink a lot of cider but I really enjoy that one and their pear Cidre aint too bad either. Nice and refreshing for a summer afternoon and evening but perhaps not for cooler times .
    Dave
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yup, it's nice stuff, Dave. Just a tad sweet for me, though, but certainly very drinkable! Gotta be served ice-cold...

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Dave.

Recently had my jollies over in California and was completely bowled over by the range of beers and ales on sale, lots of choice.

This one was a particular favourite..

I like everything really. From the britpop bands like UB40 right back to classic rock, like Wings. They're only the band the Beatles could have been.

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Clothears View Post
    Recently had my jollies over in California and was completely bowled over by the range of beers and ales on sale, lots of choice.

This one was a particular favourite..

Nice colour that. The yanks are really beginning to get into their ale. Apparently micro-breweries are springing up everywhere and they are producing some top notch grog

+ Reply to Thread