+ Reply to Thread
Page 950 of 1476 FirstFirst ... 450850900940948949950951952960100010501450 ... LastLast
Results 9,491 to 9,500 of 14756

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Thumbs up 1st lunch out since lockdown at 1539 restaurant in Chester (racecourse)

Setting the scene first...

Can you spot the Brabster below

And the grub...

Del's starter of Goat's Cheese Mousse with Beetroot Meringue:

And mine - Salmon Rillette with a Dill Mayonnaise, Capers and compressed Cucumber:

Del's main course of Cauliflower Steak with a Cashew Nut and Pumpkin Seed Sauce with Diced Potato:

And mine - Breast of Chicken with Pommes Anna, wilted greens and a Tarragon Emulsion:

Different angle:

It was washed down with a bottle of Mâcon-Péronne - Chardonnay, Domaine du Bicheron, from the restaurant's cellar.

We were too stuffed to have any puds! But it was a lovely meal in convivial surroundings, and best of all just great to get out again into the big wide world!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Tarragon Emulsion
    Think that's what I did my lounge in?

All looks lovely but I'd have had room for dessert (no surprise there then )

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Looks great Marco, we’ve not yet ventured to eat out, but have a cheeky week booked next month in North Norfolk and have a few favourite eateries we’re hoping to visit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm guy.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Yes, home made mash using Albert Bartlett potatoes (they seem to be a good 'all rounder') with plenty of butter, whole milk (Cravendale) & seasoning.

Only ate one of the pies & didn't enjoy that, meat pies are off the menu for a bit after that experience.

Chips & mash would've been preferable!

Really sorry that you have been put off pies by that experience.

I love a pie and mash and have never been disappointed by "Capel pies"- available in several village stores around here. I have looked them up and they do mail order (I hadn't realised that they do such a range - only tried the chicken and ham, and their beef with Broadside ale ).
    Buy a stock for the freezer and the p&p isn't too bad.

http://www.countrypies.co.uk/pages/o...rmREVISED.html

highly recommended
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm guy.

Just seen your lunch out Marco - looks wonderful. One of those places where I would be tempted to have several starters and forget about the main course.
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Think that's what I did my lounge in?

All looks lovely but I'd have had room for dessert (no surprise there then )
    Lol - the 'emulsion' was the wee green blobs! The whole dish was gorgeous... Standards certainly haven't dropped since we were last there, and pretty good value for £19.90 (each) for 2 courses, considering the quality of the food

Yeah, we mulled the puddings, but decided to go for a coffee and ice-cream later in Chester town centre! Plus, what I didn't picture was the artisan breads with balsamic vinegar, and basil and olive oil dips we had with our pre-lunch drinkies, so that filled us up, too!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    Really sorry that you have been put off pies by that experience.

I love a pie and mash and have never been disappointed by "Capel pies"- available in several village stores around here. I have looked them up and they do mail order (I hadn't realised that they do such a range - only tried the chicken and ham, and their beef with Broadside ale ).
    Buy a stock for the freezer and the p&p isn't too bad.

http://www.countrypies.co.uk/pages/o...rmREVISED.html

highly recommended
    Thanks for that Guy.

I like a drop of Adnam's Broadside, would imagine the pie to be delicious.

With a nod to Lennon maybe I'll 'Give pies a chance'

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Looks great Marco, we’ve not yet ventured to eat out, but have a cheeky week booked next month in North Norfolk and have a few favourite eateries we’re hoping to visit.
    Cheers, mate. We're fortunate to have a lot of quality eateries near us - fortunately still trading! Hope you really enjoy yourself in Norfolk when the time comes - I'm sure you will

Marco.
    Main System

I'm openingabottleofwine.

"Tarragon emulsion" - don't you just love the pretentious 'foodie speak' of restaurants.

Otherwise it looks very nice Marco.
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    Just seen your lunch out Marco - looks wonderful. One of those places where I would be tempted to have several starters and forget about the main course.
    Yeah, you could do that, but the mains are also fab - and everything else, too!

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread