• I am going to purchase the album

0 0%
  • I really like this

1 8.33%
  • Bloody hell this is brillant

3 25.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Album Club: Week 53: Dream Theater - Black Clouds and Silver Linings (2009)

I'm ILOB.

I thought I suggest a few albums that might appeal to those that like this
    Pain Of Salvation Remedy Lane Its a bit more emotionally driven and conceptual in nature I prefer the vocals http://open.spotify.com/album/4tl2Rynem8A7LapdDQ5Y9c
    Andromeda ii+l http://open.spotify.com/album/5UuuNHVBgswbD7TGrQzOx7
    Wasteful Soul Rain 21 Very similar to POS but has a Greek vibe going through it, another conceptual album
    Spirial Architect A Sceptic Universe This is very complex and deals with a dark exenstential stance towards humanity
    Zero Hour The Towers of Avarice: Heavy complex with Ronnie James style vocals and some of the nicest guys I met http://open.spotify.com/album/0RmdWmWYGeh7OkajI7glT8
    Queensryche Operation Mindcrime A classic http://open.spotify.com/album/4eEQ3aNA8mptFIfbFdX79p
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm ILOB.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post

After a few listens I think The Count of Tuscany is now my favourite track
    Mine too
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Queensryche
    Now there's a band that doesn't get mentioned often - Silent Lucidity is one of my all time favourite songs, brings me out in a cold shiver everytime (in a good way).
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm ILOB.

Yes Silent Lucdity is a great track
    I was lucky enough to see Queensryche perform Operation Mindcrime at Hammersmith

I'm Nick.

I've come across Operation Mindcrime before, but never checked it out. Now playing...

Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm ILOB.

Back when it came out I played it to death

I'm Nick.

When it came out I was into Carcass and Bolt Thrower!

Two seminal albums from that year.

Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm ILOB.

Pretty heavy It took me years to get into this vocal style but love its energy
    A few years ago went through listening to Avante guard Techinical Metal Certainly not easy listening

I'm Keith.

Just 3/10 from me. I've never really got on with 'heavy' rock etc. and this falls just a bit too far over the heavy side of the prog/metal line for me. Quite enjoyed some of it, but not as much as Porcupine Tree which I feel is similar.
    Keith
    Analogue: Lenco L75 with 'PTP5' top plate in heavy birch ply plinth/re-wired Rega RB300/SAE 1000e HOMC Cartridge/Trans-Fi Reso-Mat/Moth RCM
    Files: Voyage MPD/Custom PC/Supra USB/Beresford ASYNCH-1/Beresford TOSlink cable
    CDP: Inca Katana SE
    DAC: Beresford Caiman MkII (LiPo Battery powered)
    Pre-Amp: Croft Micro 25 Power-Amp: Croft Series 7
    Speakers: DIY Frugel-Horn Mk3 ('FH3') + REL Strata subwoofer
    Headphones: Beyer Dynamics DT990 Pro (250 ohm)/Schiit Asgard Headphone Amp
    Cables - Interconnects: Mark Grant G1000HD Speaker Cables: Van Damme Blue
    Mains: Belkin PF30/Mark Grant DSP2.5 & DSP1.0 Rack: Target

Office System: HP Win8 Laptop/JRiver/MF V-Link2/Beresford Bushmaster MkII/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 771e
    Bedroom System: Raspberry Pi/Raspbrian + MPD/HiFiBerry DAC/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 760i or DIY Hybrid Valve-MOSFET Headphone amp + Sennheiser HD595

Gallery

I'm ILOB.

Totally inderstand Keith
    I did go for their second heavist album
    I would try Six Degress of Inner Turblance listen to the second CD, it is the most Pink Floyd inspired material they done the second CD is kind of modern take on DSOM

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast