Page 442 of 512 FirstFirst ... 342392432440441442443444452492 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,420 of 5113

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm openingabottleofwine.

With tonight's meal:

2020 Château du Tertre Belair

14% ABV

Tasting notes:

Ripe, rounded, velvety red fruits with good depth and length.

Aroma:

Pretty redcurrant and floral notes with a hint of cigar box.

Perhaps it’s the château’s location near St-Emilion that makes this claret so special. Or the know-how of owner Bruno Dellac. Or the quality of another great vintage. What’s beyond doubt is the wine’s sheer class, earthy richness and ripe fruit.
    Bruno Dellac’s wines are no stranger to Gold medals, winning them for most vintages since 2010. His family estate lies in Castillon, on the Right Bank, near Saint-Emilion and the Côtes de Francs. Vines planted 30 years ago are now producing grapes of superb intensity, especially thanks to the cool calcaire soils (the same as you’ll find in much of Saint-Emilion). Good drainage makes vines struggle to find nutrients and the result is more mineral complexity and flavour in the Merlot-rich wine. And such is Bruno’s dedication to perfection that since 2010 he has turned over his vineyards to organic viticulture, now with certification. Silky red fruit with structure and freshness – open early to let it open out.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Old Perth Cask Strength.. 58.6 abv.. no colour or chill filtration either.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Finally got round to decanting this port.
    Been stored for quite a few years but should be fine.
    A mix of grapes..tinta barroca, touriga franca and tinta roriz..

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Felicidades.

very smooth; possibly too smooth with a sweetness of good port and a decent warmth
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Felicidades.

very smooth; possibly too smooth with a sweetness of good port and a decent warmth
    Very nice
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Grant.

Glass is lying..it's Edradour 10.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Glass is lying..it's Edradour 10.

Tasty
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Grant.

Glenallachie 12 yr old.... nice stuff.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Glenallachie 12 yr old.... nice stuff.

I think so as well
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    I think so as well
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread