+ Reply to Thread
Page 404 of 512 FirstFirst ... 304354394402403404405406414454504 ... LastLast
Results 4,031 to 4,040 of 5112

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm Kevin.

My latest addition is a Glen Scotia Double Cask.
    Bought to celebrate Scotland beating France, and to be drunk with the French Family.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    My latest addition is a Glen Scotia Double Cask.
    Bought to celebrate Scotland beating France, and to be drunk with the French Family.
    Quite nice that. Had a few of their bottles.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

So as the nice deanston kicks the bucket, literally, I've opened this Black Bull 12, blended. This is rather good at price of about £37.

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Quite nice that. Had a few of their bottles.
    I have a Glen Scotia 18 YO. Part of the reason I went for the double cask.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Grant.

Over the pond and Few Bourbon from Evanton, which was under prohibition for a 100 yrs.

Lots of smooth spice in this with toffees and a little vanilla. Not especially complex but warming and no need to add any O2 to its 46.5% abv.
    A nicely balanced bourbon.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Compas Box Spice Tree. Blended Malt at 46%, non chill filtered and natural colour, also aged in special casks of american oak and heavily toasted french oak heads.

This gives this its character and a lovely one it is. Various highland malts in this, with Clynelish being the principal. Nice vanilla on nose and mouth with an array of spices and a long finish. Smooth too, plus maybe some herbs in there too..

for money this is up there with the best blends for my tastes..

edit.. its also very good, maybe better with a drop of water
    Last edited by struth; 09-04-2021 at 16:20.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Glenfarclas 18yr old.

Not a lot left of this but it's rather good. I recently got the 15 so this can be used now
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

New Bottle day.. Glenfarclas 15.
    Excellent whisky this and a veritable bargain.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Great King St. Artist's Blend.

Just opened. Another nice whisky.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Nomad Outland Whisky....

This is made with a selection of over 30 malt and grain whiskies aged between 5 and 8 years old, which are blended together and matured in Sherry butts in Scotland for three years. Following that, the whisky is shipped off to Jerez, where it is finished in Pedro Ximénez casks for a year before it is bottled..

This is a nice smooth warming christmas cake of a dram where the cook got distracted and kept pouring.. You could drink this all night.... i might just do that. A bit of Greek brandy in the flavour profile, PX sweetness and so much sherry its hard to compare.. Great value for money.
    Last edited by struth; 24-04-2021 at 08:17.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread