+ Reply to Thread
Page 573 of 1476 FirstFirst ... 734735235635715725735745755836236731073 ... LastLast
Results 5,721 to 5,730 of 14756

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm sorted.

A nice pork loin tonight

I'm Robin.

Enjoyable lunch today in Glasgow, although forgot to take photos.

https://lalanterna-glasgow.co.uk/
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Great choice, Robin! La Lanterna is one of the oldest and best (most authentic) Italian restaurants in Glasgow. What did you have to eat?

Two other recommendations for you next time you're in Glasgow, along similar lines:

http://www.osolemio-glasgow.com/

Superb and authentic pizzas there, from a traditional wood-fired oven.

http://lalanternawestend.co.uk/

'Posh', nice setting, but undeniably great food. Their Florentine t-bone steak is to die for.

And, even better and nearer you in Renfrew: http://piccolomondo.co.uk/welcome-to-piccolo-mondo/

Trust me, THAT one is truly top notch!! Check out the vids. The Renfrew one is the original and best. Used to go there in the 70s and 80s.

Marco.

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Great choice, Robin! La Lanterna is one of the oldest and best (most authentic) Italian restaurants in Glasgow. What did you have to eat?

Two other recommendations for you next time you're in Glasgow, along similar lines:

http://www.osolemio-glasgow.com/

http://lalanternawestend.co.uk/

And, even better and nearer you in Renfrew: http://piccolomondo.co.uk/welcome-to-piccolo-mondo/

Trust me, THAT one is truly top notch!!

Marco.
    We have eaten there several times, at one point monthly, we just had the 2 course set menu which is excellent value and I had a couple of glass of red as we were up on the train.
    Well aware of the others you mentioned. Lots of good Italian restaurants in Glasgow and curry houses.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

Nice one, and indeed - it's one of the things I miss most, as down here it's mostly the complete opposite!

So have you been to the Piccolo Mondo in Renfrew?

Btw, I meant to link to La Parmigiana, in Great Western Rd, instead of La Lanterna in the west end, but notice it's closed down now. Sad days, as that was one of the best!

Marco.

I'm Robin.

Nice one, and indeed - it's one of the things I miss most, as down here it's mostly the complete opposite!

So have you been to the Piccolo Mondo?

Marco.
    Yes been to Piccolo Mondo but not for a couple years, unfortunately a visit there always involves someone driving. Locally we don’t really have a really restaurant, nothing to standard of those already mentioned.
    We have always enjoyed La Lanterna and they now also have a place out in the West End but not eaten there yet.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

Cool... See the edit to my past post, in reference to the west end La Lanterna.

In terms of the Piccolo Mondo though, surely you could get a train to Renfrew just as easy as one to Glasgow?

Marco.

I'm Robin.

Cool... See the edit to my past post, in reference to the west end La Lanterna.

In terms of the Piccolo Mondo though, surely you could get a train to Renfrew just as easy as one to Glasgow?

Marco.
    Unfortunately our trains go nowhere near Renfrew, don’t there is even a direct bus service from here.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

Ah I see, isn't there a decent train service from Greenock to Paisley Glimour street? Then it would be ten minutes in a taxi to Renfrew...

However, I know what you mean about having the car up there, with the zero limit on alcohol. It's different down here, where I can share a bottle of wine with Del, over the course of a meal, and not be over the limit. And yes, I've tested myself with a breathalyser.

Same applies with a pint and a half of beer, which I'll enjoy in a country pub, over lunch, and which means we can get about to some nice places without the inconvenience of using public transport, as neither of us are big drinkers - we just like something nice to enjoy with our food!

Marco.

I'm Robin.

Ah I see, isn't there a decent train service from Greenock to Paisley Glimour street? Then it would be ten minutes in a taxi to Renfrew...

However, I know what you mean about having the car up there, with the zero limit on alcohol. It's different down here, where I can share a bottle of wine with Del, over the course of a meal, and not be over the limit. And yes, I've tested myself with a breathalyser.

Same applies with a pint and a half of beer, which I'll enjoy in a country pub, over lunch, and which means we can get about to some nice places without the inconvenience of using public transport, as neither of us are big drinkers - we just like something nice to enjoy with our food!

Marco.
    For the last few years it’s been very simply, I’m either drinking or driving, however for me that was always the case.

So it’s quite nice to take the train to Glasgow and go for lunch and a few glasses of wine, if we are there in evening we usually stay overnight and end up around the Merchant City.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

+ Reply to Thread