+ Reply to Thread
Page 582 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 824825325725805815825835845926326821082 ... LastLast
Results 5,811 to 5,820 of 14743

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm sorted.

Default OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    That looks too high end from the ones I remember at school.

I'll take it!

I actually had one of the first affordable LCDs with a backlight. First one at school with one at any rate.

Memories...

Now the only watch I own is an Omega. Around 1967-71 I think. It is nice.
    I had a Timex (I think) divers watch when I was about 7? Don’t know what happened to that, I recall the bezel coming off?

My collection lacks an Omega, I like the 45mm Planet Oceans.

The Casio is an ‘illuminator’ with a ten year battery life which probably means it’ll outlast me.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Today's lunch, al fresco... Homemade linguine with clams:

Marco.

I'm Robert.

Now that does look good (and then washed down with a quality white.....) - making me hungry !
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Grant.

nicely presented again... not keen on seafood , but i do like the look of it there
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Now that does look good (and then washed down with a quality white.....) - making me hungry !
    Yup, on this occasion a chilled Portuguese Alentejo, from our local Portuguese deli (£6 a bottle), which is also where the clams came from. Top-notch ingredients, all imported from Portugal, and cheap as chips!

And the fresh parsley was from our own herb garden. Sauce was mopped up with some crusty Italian bread!

Marco.

I'm Tony.

Simple home made Chicken Soup. If there’s a more restorative food on Earth, I haven’t found it yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    nicely presented again... not keen on seafood , but i do like the look of it there
    Cheers, mate. The shells hold the sauce nicely, which was made from white wine (the stuff I had for lunch), a little butter, plenty of extra-virgin olive oil, and lots of fresh chopped garlic and green chillies, so you can sook it all up - no dribbles on my t-shirt either!

Marco.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonoped View Post
    Simple home made Chicken Soup. If there’s a more restorative food on Earth, I haven’t found it yet!

looks right up my alley... a few noodles and i could take it every day
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonoped View Post

Recipe? Curious to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    looks right up my alley... a few noodles and i could take it every day
    Yup, top-notch as usual, Tony!

Marco.

+ Reply to Thread