+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: QUAD ESL 63 Loudspeakers (refurbished by Quad in 2014)

I'm Richard.

Default FS: QUAD ESL 63 Loudspeakers (refurbished by Quad in 2014)

I’ve made the incredibly difficult decision to sell my ESL 63s. They are in many ways the best speakers I have ever owned; their clarity, cohesiveness, scale and lack of colouration is simply sublime. However I just don’t get to listen to them as much as I’d like to. Positioning them optimally means they infringe upon the entrance to my 4.2m x 3.8m listening room, and as someone with cerebral palsy and walking difficulties this makes my access difficult.

They were serviced by Quad at Huntingdon in January 2014 where they replaced all panels at a cost of £1,037.66 (see invoice in last photo).

They are in good working order and excellent cosmetic condition and come complete with Stand & Deliver open-frame stands (worth around £125) which are essential for raising and tilting the speakers to ear height.

Priced at £795 including stands.

As I no longer have a car that’s big enough, the speakers will need to be collected from Glasgow.

Main System: Mac Mini > Schiit Yggdrasil 2 OG > Yamaha A-S3000 > Celestion Ditton 66
    Headphone System: Mac Mini > Schiit Yggdrasil 2 OG > Sparkos Aries / Schiit Mjolnir 2 > Sennheiser HD600

I'm Lawrence.

Cracking deal for a great pair of speakers, they're in beautiful condition, you must have really looked after them.

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Cracking deal for a great pair of speakers, they're in beautiful condition, you must have really looked after them.
    Thanks

I'm Richard.

Bump

I'm Richard.

Bump

I'm steve.

Had 2 pairs of those in the last 30 years, first pair with the stand and deliver stands, the second pair with the Icici stands. For fully overhauled and in mint condition they are a bargain at the price, wish I had a room big enough to do them justice, GLWTS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Dominic.

Hi Richard,

Are you still selling? I'm interested in buying. I sent you an email.

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by goodkeys View Post
    Hi Richard,

Are you still selling? I'm interested in buying. I sent you an email.
    Thanks for your interest, Dominique, I tried to reply to your email but it didn't work (I think you need to turn on email contact in the Setting section of the Forum).

I appreciate your interest however I would prefer that the speakers are collected in person. Without the correct, original packaging, I would be concerned about them being damaged in transit, especially if being shipped abroad.
    Main System: Mac Mini > Schiit Yggdrasil 2 OG > Yamaha A-S3000 > Celestion Ditton 66
    Headphone System: Mac Mini > Schiit Yggdrasil 2 OG > Sparkos Aries / Schiit Mjolnir 2 > Sennheiser HD600

I'm Dominic.

Thank you for your reply Richard. I'll send you another email shortly. This time the option 'email contact from members' is turned on in my settings page (sorry for that).

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by goodkeys View Post
    Thank you for your reply Richard. I'll send you another email shortly. This time the option 'email contact from members' is turned on in my settings page (sorry for that).
    No problem Dom, I have just replied to your email.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast