+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Tannoy Upgrade - as recommended by Paul @ Reference Fidelity Components

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Lloyd.

This has been really interesting to read as i'm thinking over deeply about getting some Berkleys ...thanks all for posting in this thread

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Swann36 View Post
    This has been really interesting to read as i'm thinking over deeply about getting some Berkleys ...thanks all for posting in this thread
    Your welcome, good luck in your search

I'm Lloyd.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Your welcome, good luck in your search
    Hi there Mikey, I have a pair of 1 owner Berkleys ...refoamed about 20 years ago so thanks to you and others here i've emailed Paul to explore costs of sorting the drivers out plus following your lead on Crossovers ...so can i ask as we are now over a year on from you working on yours how are you feeling about

1)the work on the cabs ? as i feel that's doable by myself

2) Pauls external Xovers with the simple connecting cables ....and can you clarify for me when you said you made a mistake in how you had Paul arrange the plugs ? so that they needed to be hidden away

3) Is there anything else on reflection you'd like to share before i embark on the same project that you have so succesfully completed, i ask as like you i intend these once done to be a keeper for life ..

many many thanks in advance

I'm Mike.

Default My Tannoy Upgrade - as recommended by Paul @ Reference Fidelity Components

Quote Originally Posted by Swann36 View Post
    Hi there Mikey, I have a pair of 1 owner Berkleys ...refoamed about 20 years ago so thanks to you and others here i've emailed Paul to explore costs of sorting the drivers out plus following your lead on Crossovers ...so can i ask as we are now over a year on from you working on yours how are you feeling about

1)the work on the cabs ? as i feel that's doable by myself

2) Pauls external Xovers with the simple connecting cables ....and can you clarify for me when you said you made a mistake in how you had Paul arrange the plugs ? so that they needed to be hidden away

3) Is there anything else on reflection you'd like to share before i embark on the same project that you have so succesfully completed, i ask as like you i intend these once done to be a keeper for life ..

many many thanks in advance
    1: definitely doable, easy.

2: I had the in fitted on one end and the out on the opposite end, in hindsight I should have had them both at the same end.

3: No not really, only thing I might have considered was building bigger cabinets, as that seems to be a big benefit to the 15” drivers, but I don’t have the room so it was never an option.

Actually thinking again, I would have had Frank (Cooky) do my refoam and saved some cash

+ Reply to Thread