+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Into the Voyd and back again

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Hi Simon, your Voyds look good. Out of interest what improvements do you think using cone feet have and what do you use? Do you remove the base to stop it acting like a guitar sound box?

Cheers

Adrian
    Thats how I ran my Valdi, base removed, Michell cones and a Rata Toralyte tripod stand. I was an idiot to sell all of that.
    Regards Neil

I'm Simon.

Out of interest what improvements do you think using cone feet have and what do you use? Do you remove the base to stop it acting like a guitar sound box?
    I have three really old brass things of unknown source, bass down with v v small amount of blu-tac, point up into the wooden frame

yes, it is just a lot more stable sounding as far as I recall. although tbh it is many many years since I did a direct comparison
    SJS Arcadia Line Level Pre-amplifiers, Headphone amps, MM Phono Stages and SET Power amps - service, repairs, upgrades.
    Designed and hand-built in England.

I'm Adrian.

Ok I will see what I can find and have a go. Thanks
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Nari.

I have been listening to my Audionote (voyd) reference past few days feet make a huge I mean huge difference to the sound. I have some custom made heavy brass feet certainly and improvement to the bass the midrange is a little to forward for me. I then tried the track audio feet a huge step from the brass feet so much more controlled imaging was great for the money they are actually good value. I then went on to the Harmonix 888 deluxe these are superb the midrange is totally open and musical so much flow to the sound the whole sound is way more fleshed out and holographic treble has far more detail without being harsh. I also have a set of the of the Shun mook feet these were stunning too maybe a little soft not quite the grip of the harmonix but very sweet.
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrajbasi View Post
    I have been listening to my Audionote (voyd) reference past few days feet make a huge I mean huge difference to the sound. I have some custom made heavy brass feet certainly and improvement to the bass the midrange is a little to forward for me. I then tried the track audio feet a huge step from the brass feet so much more controlled imaging was great for the money they are actually good value. I then went on to the Harmonix 888 deluxe these are superb the midrange is totally open and musical so much flow to the sound the whole sound is way more fleshed out and holographic treble has far more detail without being harsh. I also have a set of the of the Shun mook feet these were stunning too maybe a little soft not quite the grip of the harmonix but very sweet.
    Interestingly I just put 4 25mm sorbothane hemispheres under the Voyd and am currently listening to St Germain - Tourist side 3 Track "Ponts Des Arts", this has copious amounts of driving bass and some lovely electric piano, with some subtle vocals, and great cymbal & snare beats. It sounds superb, tight bass, detailed and smooth mids, with crisp top end. Perhaps you should invest in these and see what you think https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-x-SORBO...-/301297544931, check what side for you TT weight.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by sjs View Post
    I met up with chris@panteg yesterday and now have his PSU, so hopefully it will be back up and running soon.

Fordy's deck with the SME V looks nice, and good to see the new arm board looking the part.

I started with a Valdi and Helius tonearm back in 1990, then had a Voyd with a Tabriz ZI around '92, then went onto the 0.5 Ref in around '94, which I still have, initially with an SME 309, later a Wilson Benesh Act 2, and currently an FR64fx, but I also have an Audio Note AN1-S arm, and an FR64s I need to try out. I have also have a Reference I picked up a few years ago which has an Audio Note Arm1-3 v2.

Carts have been Goldring Eroica, Audio Note Soara (still don't know what happened to that during the house move), and I now have an Ortofon MC70 anniversary (Expert Cart rebuilt), and an Audio Note IO-1

I prefer to remove the base from the Voyd and run them with cone feet directly on the wooden frame, and whilst I generally preferred 2 belts on the Voyd, the 0.5 and Ref seem to work better with 1. As AJSki2Fly discovered, getting everything absolutely level also pays off.

Gorgeous looking reference Simon.
    Interesting about using two belts on the standard Voyd, it's a bit of a faf just to get one on,I've heard others say it's not worth the bother.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Nari.

Interestingly I just put 4 25mm sorbothane hemispheres under the Voyd and am currently listening to St Germain - Tourist side 3 Track "Ponts Des Arts", this has copious amounts of driving bass and some lovely electric piano, with some subtle vocals, and great cymbal & snare beats. It sounds superb, tight bass, detailed and smooth mids, with crisp top end. Perhaps you should invest in these and see what you think https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-x-SORBO...-/301297544931, check what side for you TT weight.
    Funny enough I have some of those and have just tried them, I find them interesting while smooth and textured does not have any where the detail of the track audio and the sheer musicality of the harmonix while it is a good value upgrade the Harmonix while costly do do so much more. I would most certainly recommend the Harmonix with the Voyd.
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post
    Gorgeous looking reference Simon.
    Interesting about using two belts on the standard Voyd, it's a bit of a faf just to get one on,I've heard others say it's not worth the bother.
    I recall it generally adds more solidity and tightens things up, but can detract a little from the verve and musicality. It will depend on the system and your preferences, but yes it is definitely a faff!
    SJS Arcadia Line Level Pre-amplifiers, Headphone amps, MM Phono Stages and SET Power amps - service, repairs, upgrades.
    Designed and hand-built in England.

I'm Adrian.

Well I just thought I would do some interconnect cable swapping from phono stage to amp. I have a variety of 6 cables and using the same St Germain track Ponts des Arts I listened to each, there were differences between all, I ignore cost and just put then in order of preference. As soon as I put my 10 year old Eccose Reference in it was like flicking a switch, more detailed top end, lovely mid ranged and so dynamic, previously I had a Chord Camelaon vee 3 in place which is well respected, but the Eccosse is much better. I also have a pair of Eccosse nu-diva’s which I will try tomorrow.

Amazing the effects of cables.

I'm Nari.

[QUOTE=Amazing the effects of cables.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree adrian with your findings,and not always the most expensive are the best, but there is most certainly big differences to be had in my opinion the very good ones are just like changing a component.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast