+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Volumio PRIMO Audio streamer review

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    I'll find out.

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    I meant Andre
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Ian.

It would be nice to hear from Andre regarding the current state of play.
    I'm in the market for a new streamer and one of these would be on my shortlist.

I'm Mike.

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Seems from reading the discussion after the review that many have reached the same conclusion as you at the beginning of this thread.Unless I missed it performance via spdif appears to have been ignored?

I'm John.

Volumio have a new streamer on the way: https://volumio.org/epic-journey-called-volumio-motivo/

EDIT: I see it's already been flagged up earlier in the thread.

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by jonners View Post
    Volumio have a new streamer on the way: https://volumio.org/epic-journey-called-volumio-motivo/

EDIT: I see it's already been flagged up earlier in the thread.

Yes, it looks superb.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Yes, it looks superb.
    This could be even superber, if that's a word. We'll just need an exchange rate miracle: https://www.oktoresearch.com/dac8stereo.htm

I'm Ben.

Firstly, thank you to the OP for taking the time to write up the review of this device. I am looking at upgrading my Sonos Connect and have been looking at the Primo partly based on the review it got on Darko's youtube channel and the write-up above.

I am quite new to streaming so forgive what might be a newbie type of question. Can the Primo handle playback of the Tidal masters MQA file format? I haven't been able to get clarity on that from the online searching I've been doing over the last few days.

Any feedback/thoughts on the above would be hugely appreciated.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by ben_hong_kong View Post
    Firstly, thank you to the OP for taking the time to write up the review of this device. I am looking at upgrading my Sonos Connect and have been looking at the Primo partly based on the review it got on Darko's youtube channel and the write-up above.

I am quite new to streaming so forgive what might be a newbie type of question. Can the Primo handle playback of the Tidal masters MQA file format? I haven't been able to get clarity on that from the online searching I've been doing over the last few days.

Any feedback/thoughts on the above would be hugely appreciated.
    Here's the official thread on the Volumio forum, not sure if you'll find the answer there.

https://forum.volumio.org/volumio-pr...ad-t11397.html

I'm John.

The short answer is that Volumio will handle MQA files if you have an MQA-enabled USB DAC.
    The longer answer is this thread: https://forum.volumio.org/mqa-t10205.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234