+ Reply to Thread
Page 262 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 1622122522602612622632642723123627621262 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 14743

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm Geoff.

I bought a pack of 'R White's Lemonade' ice lollies, seeing as it's hot. I rather like those.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Thumbs up Salad Niçoise [take II]...

Yeah, I like those lollies!

So, as it was another scorcher today, I decided to do Salad Niçoise again, this time with some proper Niçoise black olives and the eggs more softly boiled. Plus I managed to source some fresh anchovies from a local deli:

It was fab, and enjoyed with a nice bottle of Franziskaner Weissbier

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Geoff.

I wondered why my food was taking so long to cook. I'd forgotten to switch the cooker on!

That salad looks lovely by the way Marco. I had something similar lunchtime, but it didn't look as good.

I'm Neil.

Default OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

So, as it was another scorcher today, I decided to do Salad Niçoise again, this time with some proper Niçoise black olives and the eggs more softly boiled. Plus I managed to source some fresh anchovies from a local deli:

Marco.
    YES, now this is how I like mine. Perfect summer food.

Love anchovies, go perfect with tuna and olives.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

Marco.
    Perfect. One of my favourite Summer meals.

TheMooN Guest

Nice, much more like it Marco, sometimes add my own croutons by tearing shreds off of a fresh sourdough loaf, lightly drizzle with a nice fruity olive oil and into a hot oven until beginning to crisp and brown around the edges whilst retaining a touch of softness in the center, I'm not a fan of most supermarkets rock hard wee cubed efforts.

Of late been into thick swordfish steals from my local fishmonger, freshly sliced off a whole flank, cooked as per your Tuna, and served with an Caesar Salad made as per the Origional recipe, croutons as above.

A couple of the pre prepared Caeser dressings are not bad at a push, bit of a faff but shop bought does pail by comparison to the following.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_con...;v=ld0IWRb1hNQ

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Salmon sushi to start

Avocado and bacon salad to follow, then an "Eton Mess" (heavy with the strawberries, but light on the meringue) to finish.

Washed down with a 2016 Chablis
    Barry

I'm sorted.

Cappelletti

I'm Tony.

Part One

Locally sourced brisket dry rubbed with:-

Salt & Pepper
    Cumin
    Garlic Powder
    Cinnamon
    Smoked Paprika
    Soft Dark Brown Sugar
    Oregano
    Ancho Chilli Flakes
    Guajillo Chilli Powder

This will sit in the fridge for 24 hours before Part Two.

To be continued....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Tony.

Spicy Chipotle Coleslaw

Fresh and zingy with anything really.

Red & White Cabbage shredded
    2 Carrots grated
    2 Spring onions sliced
    1 deseeded Jalapeño pepper finely sliced

Juice of 1 Lime squeezed over the veg, then scrunch it all together with your hands a few times.

2 Tbls Mayo
    1 Tbls Olive oil
    1 tsp White Wine Vinegar
    1 tsp Dijon Mustard
    1 tsp Chipotle paste
    A pinch of salt

Mix well and add to the ‘slaw

Cover and leave in the fridge for a while to marinate a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

+ Reply to Thread