+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 510 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm Julian.

Default The best bargain in Pinot Noir

Went down the local off-licence tonight to pick up an inexpensive bottle of wine. I've had some very nice modestly priced Pinots from there, so decided to take a chance on a bottle of 'Paparuda' Romanian Pinot Noir for all of £5.99.

The lady there said it was good and I have to agree - it is actually exceptional value. If it was from New Zealand it would be over 10 quid for sure. Not what you would call a complex wine, but immensely satisfying, made in a very modern style and just bursting with wonderfully ripe, smooth cherry flavours.

Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm Andr'e.

Usual £3.00 Red from Aldi, it dont touch the sides so no idea about taste really

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Great recco, Julian. I've always rated Romania as having the potential for producing some great wines. I'll see if I can purloin some for midweek slurping!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Julian.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Great recco, Julian. I've always rated Romania as having the potential for producing some great wines. I'll see if I can purloin some for midweek slurping!

Marco.
    Go for it Marco, you won't be dissapointed. And just in case you were wondering about what a Paparuda is, according to the label -

'The Paparuda is an ancient Romanian rain ritual performed either in the Spring or in times of severe drought. Wearing a grass of knitted vines, a dancing girl is accompanied through the village by singing, shouting locals intent on securing fertility for the season ahead ...'

Sounds worth attending, with a few glasses of this to get you in the mood!
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm Andr'e.

Would you posh Wino's be prepared to drink home made wine?

Some of my best Projectile vomiting has been on DIY Wine loike.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Currently slurping this, and very nice it is too...

It's currently on offer at your local Asda and Tesco stores @ £5.00 for 4 bottles.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Andr'e.

oo thats nice & strong..Not that the towd Barbarian needs to be any stronger...Towd Barbarian ploughs fields naked with ox on each shoulder with only a potatoe sack for discression..

I'm Andr'e.

Ey up that's tramps juice innit?

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Ey up that's tramps juice innit?
    Tramp's juice?
    Probably not - it costs a bit more than cheapo Cider, although £5.00 per 2 litres brings it dangerously close to paraffin territory
    WRT tramps - I were in Rotherham yesterday and didn't look outta place, and that was after finding some lovely filth to roll about in (perks of the job, working on construction sites).
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Andr'e.

Where abarts in Rotherham {The shite hole} were you? Thank the lord i live on the outskirts where cows go Mooooooooooooooo

+ Reply to Thread