+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: isolation blocks

I'm jamie.

Default isolation blocks

another little tweak worth doing is sticking these under your turntables feet or between layers of wood. i noticed an improvement in decay straight away.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Alan.

Nice spot Jamie....these will work a treat.....they do cork sandwiched between rubber too....taking up to 50 psi....have you tried them out Jamie??.....ha..Just re-read your post...and of course you have tried them....

https://www.amazon.com/Pack-Anti-Vib...JZ2MEGJWWBKZ6C

'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Mike.

I like the price !
    I see others as well. Will punt around Amazon UK.
    Wow. All sorts. Food for thought

Are you using 3 or 4 under the turntable ?
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm jamie.

i got mine from the amazon.com,they arrived in no time at all.
    i use 4,1 under each foot and another 4 between 2 shelves.

My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by karma67 View Post
    i got mine from the amazon.com,they arrived in no time at all.
    i use 4,1 under each foot and another 4 between 2 shelves.

There is a suggestion that using pads like this directly under the TT can kill dynamics.

Have you noticed anything like that?

I'm Martin.

They're not squishy like some isolaters though. I think it is the squishiness that kills 'dynamics'.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    They're not squishy like some isolaters though. I think it is the squishiness that kills 'dynamics'.
    Ah, cool. I'll have a look at these then.

I'm Martin.

If I was still turntabling I would deffo get some to try.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    There is a suggestion that using pads like this directly under the TT can kill dynamics.

Have you noticed anything like that?
    not in the slightest mate but as macca says they are not squishy,they dont sag until the weight of the sony plinth and you know how heavy that is.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm John.

I am keen to begin with trialing different materials for isolation feet.
    I have access to this material in 300mm x 300mm pads, which I was considering to use under the Monoblock Amps. It would potentially have ended up in the TT Isolation Investigations as well.
    I see it is used as Sub Plinth Foot and Sub Foot Support in your set up.
    How did using this and increasing the positions of use in the support set up, show up as a improvement in your the system.
    I recently took my SP10 to a friends to trial out a few different MC's, after a few tracks we tried out different footers, initially by placing the needle on a Non Spinning LP, and having a light knock around the Stand and Sub Plinths and then the TT Plinth.
    After swapping out a few different materials and then combining materials, between the TT and the Sub Plinth, a combination of a thin foam as a base, a 10mm Blackwood Billet , another thin foam, a 10mm Blackwood Billet and a Soundcare foot making contact with the TT Plinth, produced a foot that was largely unaffected by the Light Knuckle Knocks on the Stands and Plinths, when compared to some of the earlier ones.
    On the first replay, following the last combination of materials foot being put into use, there was a immediate audible difference, Bass was much more clean,taught and cut off very precisely, I am sure there were other benefits offered as well, but maybe not so obvious.
    I am curious to learn if a certain type of tweak is beneficial to all, or whether they are room and stand dependent.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast