+ Reply to Thread
Page 2095 of 2946 FirstFirst ... 10951595199520452085209320942095209620972105214521952595 ... LastLast
Results 20,941 to 20,950 of 29455

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    From last year's Christmas vinyl haul

I used to have that - but it went the way of a lot of the '80s techno-pop stuff I wanted to get rid of: to the local vicarage jumble sale!
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I used to have that - but it went the way of a lot of the '80s techno-pop stuff I wanted to get rid of: to the local vicarage jumble sale!
    Ah, the good old days when the local church jumble sale was worth the walk - these days the vicar's helpers would more likely take out anything of interest and stick it on Ebay.

Last jumble sale I went to, I was probably looking for Famous Five books I hadn't yet read. Wouldn't happen now - such racist muck would be intercepted and burned by those who want us to disown our past
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Dominick.

So I'm not a huge Fan of Pink Floyd's stuff post 'Animals', but I saw this for a quid in the charity shop and thought I'd give it a go. Very self-derivative, but quite a nice ambient + listen.

Another £1 impulse, a bit pop-rock for me but good fun.

Back to old favourites...

Last edited by Barry; 10-01-2022 at 22:09.

I'm Grant.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by Dom66 View Post
    So I'm not a huge Fan of Pink Floyd's stuff post 'Animals', but I saw this for a quid in the charity shop and thought I'd give it a go. Very self-derivative, but quite a nice ambient + listen.

Like you, I more or less lost interest in Pink Floyd after 'Animals', yet if I had seen that for £1 in my local charity shop I would have certainly snapped it up. Well done!
    Barry

Colosseum - 'Those About to Die Salute You'

If you can get past the rather silly cover, this is IMO a rather good jazz-blues LP.

Label: Fontana – STL 5510, Fontana – STL.5510
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Gatefold
    Released: 1969
    Genre: Rock
    Style: Blues Rock, Fusion, Jazz-Rock, Prog Rock
    Barry

Et sequitur:

Colosseum - 'Valentyne Suite'

The title is apt - it really is a rock-jazz suite.

Label: Vertigo – VO 1, Vertigo – 847 900 VTY
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Gatefold
    Released: 1969
    Genre: Jazz, Rock
    Style: Blues Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Prog Rock
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Ah, the good old days when the local church jumble sale was worth the walk - these days the vicar's helpers would more likely take out anything of interest and stick it on Ebay.

Last jumble sale I went to, I was probably looking for Famous Five books I hadn't yet read. Wouldn't happen now - such racist muck would be intercepted and burned by those who want us to disown our past
    When I were a mere snip of a lad (7 - 10 years old), I used to like to read the Famous Five books. Terribly dated now and very 'middle class': the 'baddies' were always foreign or from the 'lower classes'. But - was "George" (the 'tom boy' girl) the first candidate for a potential trans-gender character in childrens literature?

Regarding vicarage jumble sale helpers picking out 'plums' for sale on eBay - I have no problem with that; the purpose is to raise as much cash as possible. After all it's what Oxfam do (as I'm sure so do other charities).
    Barry

Marianne Faithfull - 'Broken English'

I had forgotten how good this LP is.
    Barry

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    When I were a mere snip of a lad (7 - 10 years old), I used to like to read the Famous Five books. Terribly dated now and very 'middle class': the 'baddies' were always foreign or from the 'lower classes'. But - was "George" (the 'tom boy' girl) the first candidate for a potential trans-gender character in childrens literature?

Regarding vicarage jumble sale helpers picking out 'plums' for sale on eBay - I have no problem with that; the purpose is to raise as much cash as possible. After all it's what Oxfam do (as I'm sure so do other charities).
    When I was that age I used to buy books at the jumble sales. I really liked the Pan horror series. (I'm not sure my parents ever looked at the books I bought.) I've still got quite a few and going back to read them years later I was shocked how graphic they were!

I can still remember one story about 2 boys who liked to take radios and stuff apart in their shed to see how they worked. Then they decided they wanted to know how the little girl next door worked. Fortunately I had the sense not to copy the things I read

+ Reply to Thread