+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Goldring Eroica LX

I'm Stephen.

Question Goldring Eroica LX

Hi all.
    I'm seeking comments and experience of the Goldring Eroica LX.

I'm looking for (another) MC cartridge for one of my (3) Mission 774 arm wands. I've all but given up finding a Mission 773 MC (I have a Mission 773 MM) to partner it so am casting around for a modern alternative without breaking the bank. I was very impressed (and a little surprised) how good the Goldring 2500 MM is.
    Looking at the specs it should work well in the 774. The only possible fly in the ointment is it's got a very healthy output at 0.5 mV which might be a bit much for my Tom Evans microgroove phono stage which is set for 0.25 mV to match my Paradoxpulse Denon 103R.

Comments? Thoughts?

Steve
    Always a little further

I'm John.

Not had the Lx, but the L I had was very good, as for output it shouldn't be a problem, would just mean that you would be reducing the useful range of the volume on your amp.

Sent from my I3312 using Tapatalk
    Money may not make me happy.
    But it helps me afford the kind of misery I prefer.

SYSTEM 1:

Analogue.
    Brinkmann Bardo / 12" OL Enterprise Mk4 / Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum /BigBottle mk3 /MFA Baby Reference Pre/Nord One UP SE NC500M/Martin Logan Summit

Digital.
    Docet Lector CDP-7TL mkiii/Pimped Bluesound Node2 + BOTW SBooster Lps/ Pimped Mk1 Jolida Fx Glass DAC.

Wires etc.
    Audioplan Musicable ICs & TQ Black ll SC, assorted branded kettle leads.
    Target TT shelf & Alphason 5 shelf rack.
    Power Inspired AG1500S mains regen.

SYSTEM 2: Back to the 80s.

Garrard 401, RB250, A&R P77Mg / Mk1 Marantz CD63 SE / Sony TC-FX150 / Sansui T500L / Cambridge Audio C50 + 2x A50 as bridged monos (mid 80s Stan Curtis's design) / or KEF 104ab/ Original 80s Monster Cable IC, DNM SC / Target 5 shelf rack.

SPARE KIT:
    A&R E77Mg
    Ortofon 2M Silver + Blue stylus
    Philips CD600
    Arcam Alpha 8P
    Pro-Ject DacBox S FL
    CCA
    FiiO Taishan
    Heybrook HB1 S2
    Q Acoustics 3050

I'm Geoff.

I still have my Eroica LX. It's a very enjoyable and vibrant MC, much in the same way as the Ortofon MC25FL, different sound though.

(and it works fine in the 774)
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I still have my Eroica LX. It's a very enjoyable and vibrant MC, much in the same way as the Ortofon MC25FL, different sound though.

(and it works fine in the 774)
    Thanks Geoff - did you ever use it on one of your 774's perchance?
    Always a little further

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by worrasf View Post
    Thanks Geoff - did you ever use it on one of your 774's perchance?
    See above .
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    See above .
    LoL - should always read to the end of the post

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Always a little further

I'm William.

Quote Originally Posted by worrasf View Post
    Hi all.
    I'm seeking comments and experience of the Goldring Eroica LX.

I'm looking for (another) MC cartridge for one of my (3) Mission 774 arm wands. I've all but given up finding a Mission 773 MC (I have a Mission 773 MM) to partner it so am casting around for a modern alternative without breaking the bank. I was very impressed (and a little surprised) how good the Goldring 2500 MM is.
    Looking at the specs it should work well in the 774. The only possible fly in the ointment is it's got a very healthy output at 0.5 mV which might be a bit much for my Tom Evans microgroove phono stage which is set for 0.25 mV to match my Paradoxpulse Denon 103R.

Comments? Thoughts?

Steve
    I once had a DNM Reson Etile which was all but identical to the Eroica L. Used it in low to mid mass arms like Pu7, Rega rb250 and Roksan Nima. Lovely sounding cartridge with lots of zest and good timbre.
    Denon DP80, Fidelity Research FR66s, Koetsu RSP. Allnic t2000, h1202. Acousense streamer, Dac2/Afi/psu. Harbeth HL5 plus. Cardas cables.

+ Reply to Thread