+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 59 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: tv hifi spotting

I'm Martin.

I think they have the QUAD amps with the Tannoys as that would make the most sense.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I checked the studio's equipment list
    It is most likely a misprint. Quad, to my knowledge, never made a "540F" amplifier. They did make a dual channel 140W amplifier, with provision for a floating front end input, the 520f. I have one and cannot see anything like it in the video.

Quad also made '240' amplifier for professional use. It only had a small production run of 180 units and is now extremely rare.
    Barry

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    It is most likely a misprint. Quad, to my knowledge, never made a "540F" amplifier. They did make a dual channel 140W amplifier, with provision for a floating front end input, the 520f. I have one and cannot see anything like it in the video.

Quad also made '240' amplifier for professional use. It only had a small production run of 180 units and is now extremely rare.
    I can’t find one either when doing a search .
    I did see very similar audio note power amps once ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorted.

American Pickers, referred to as an ‘oversized turntable’

I'm sorted.

This fella had some gear

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I've seen 'Finding Bigfoot' - false advertising since they never locate the bastard thing. Just people running about saying 'Did you hear that? Did you hear that?'. They never find any hi-fi kit either.
    Nice work if you can get it. Probably get about 50k an episode and its total bullshit like most of these reality programs.
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm sorted.

Mr Cholmondley-Warner playing with his gramophone

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quad FM2 tuner with Quad QC1 preamp (and presumably a Quad II power amp). Garrard pick-up arm on what might be a Collaro 2010 turntable.
    Barry

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post

American Pickers, referred to as an ‘oversized turntable’
    I had to quit watching those American Pickers, they don’t know their arse from a hole in the ground. And when they do see something they know, they pay above top price, so there is no way they could make a profit. I recall an episode where they bought a few old guitars and amps. Paid way too much, for no good reason. Then sold it all to some so called famous musician for $50 more than they paid. That wouldn’t even cover the gas they spent getting it. Their knowledge of stereo is less than zero, for someone in their line of work, you’d think they’d brush up on that sort of thing? But it’s all too fake, no one could possibly make a living doing what they do, you can only sell so many rusted oil cans.

Russell

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    I had to quit watching those American Pickers, they don’t know their arse from a hole in the ground.
    Saw one where they'd bought a model train for $8000 & it sold at auction for $3000. In one I saw tonight they paid $85,000 for 3 old motorbikes, Mike said one was very rare but half the motor was missing!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 59 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast