+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Musical Fidelity Elektra E100

I'm Dee.

Default Musical Fidelity Elektra E100

I have the above integrated amplifier that I have owned from new and was wondering if there’s anybody in or around London who could service it for me and resolve an issue with the volume control knob..
    Thanks Dee
    System... THORENS TD160 Super in Purpose built plinth.

SME 3009 S2 improved ,Van Den Hul hybrid interconnect and rewired by J7 at Audio Origami with Vdh silver wire.

ARKLESS 640P Phono amp..Currently using Denon Dl103
    But have Denon dl110 HoMc cartridge....Shure v15 111. as reserves

YAMAHA Cr2020 receiver overhauled and upgraded by Select 45rpm

Denon dvd 3910(transport) Monarchy Audio M22C Dac..
    Monarchy Audio Dip Classic

Tannoy Cheviot speakers ( cones and surround replaced by Lockwood)

TEAC X1000R r2r

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Dee View Post
    I have the above integrated amplifier that I have owned from new and was wondering if there’s anybody in or around London who could service it for me and resolve an issue with the volume control knob..
    Thanks Dee
    What's the problem? I've got some spray that sorts out crackle.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Dee.

Hi Lawrence...yes it’s a crackle that comes when the volume knob is rotated...absolutely no problem once
    a level has been set.I have sprayed it with Servisol Super 10 myself (quite liberally) but to no avail.I was
    advised by Musical Fidelity that this is a common problem with the amp and a part or the knob needs replacing.
    The last time it was serviced .. by Musical Fidelity..they covered everything internally in a white gunk and I would like this removed whilst it’s being checked over. Thanks Dee

I'm Dan.

Try rotating a few times when powered on with no music passing through. Common problem mine has a wee crackle fine once warmed up..��
    Receiver
    Marantz 2225
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Turntable
    KAM DDX 1000 with Goldring G800 Cartridge
    Loudspeakers
    Mordaunt Short M10

I'm Geoff.

It's a motorised dual pot I think. If cleaning doesn't quieten it, the pot may need replacing. Alan (Firebottle) may be able to help, but you'd need to ship it to him.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dee.

Yes Geoff..I believe that’s what MF said the problem was...Alan is a bit far away and I’d like to see if there are any
    options closer to home first.Thanks for the heads up though.

I'm Lawrence.

Sounds like the same issue with the Arcam Alpha 9 / Delta 290 source selector. Some people get it dismantled and cleaned internally. Not sure if that can be done with this volume knob.

One solution that would keep you going would be to use a passive pre directly into the power amp in sockets on the back, after first removing the metal links from them. You might actually prefer the sound as well. A second hand Tisbury can be had for £60-80 and isn't bad at all. A bit more and you can get a Khozmo or something.

I'm Lawrence.

You could try this for now if you're not fussy about your cables. He might take £15

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F254326442418

I'm Dee.

Still looking to have it cleaned of all the white gunk put there by MF and any issues that are raised,resolved.I vaguely remember a member based in London being recommended...no ,highly recommended as a service engineer.If anyone knows of whom I refer to please give me a heads up

I'm Kevin.

You could contact AD audio in south London. You can find him in the trade section of the forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast