+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Streaming

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Well I installed Logitech Media Server, installed some clients on the laptops and got it working with my own FLAC library, got Spotify working, but can't seem to get Tidal to work... I've installed the App and have the plugin so not sure what I've done wrong. One for another day.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Well I installed Logitech Media Server, installed some clients on the laptops and got it working with my own FLAC library, got Spotify working, but can't seem to get Tidal to work... I've installed the App and have the plugin so not sure what I've done wrong. One for another day.
    You need to go to www.mysqueezebox.com and create an account.
    Whilst you're there you can add the Tidal app.

In LMS you need to go to settings/mysqueezebox.com and enter your login details. Make sure that integration is enabled.
    Go back to www.mysqueezebox.com and the Tidal app, go to player settings, and under status set things to enable, and under home set things to display on home menu.

Your LMS installation should now talk to www.mysqueezebox.com and give you Tidal integration.
    You can search for stuff using the Tidal app, but if you want to build a library you need to enter things from the main internet Tidal login player.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

Cheers Chris - appreciate the advice - I think you are correct that it is related to the account as I hadn't confirmed the email I got when I set it up... Doh! Will have another play later. Thanks again.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Didja manage to get it working?
    Chris

Nope. The problem seems to be that mysqueezebox doesn't think I have any players. I uninstalled everything, setup a brand new account with a different email address and made sure I followed your steps but still doesn't see any players. I thought it might be firewall, but both player app (Squeezelight-X) and LMS are allowed through. I tried Plex just to make sure it wasn't a problem with Tidal and that worked fine. (Although It's crap!)

Not really sure what I can try next. Works great with everything else including Spotify. The only other thing I've noticed under settings is than when I put in the password and click apply, it then goes blank should it? (I would have expected to see dots like you do in the server control panel?)

Am I doing something obviously wrong?
    Alex

It might be because you're using a purely software player.
    I'll have a play with Squeezelite-x and see what happens.
    Chris

I'm Neil.

I use You Tube for discovering new music, its free and I don't care re the resolution because I will be buying the physical media afterwards, if I like it.

I just don't understand subscription/player based streaming where you pay big money for nothing, you own nothing at the end.

I have bought the odd thing off the back of internet radio too, those stations that state what they are playing are very helpful in this regard.
    Regards Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    It might be because you're using a purely software player.
    I'll have a play with Squeezelite-x and see what happens.
    Cheers buddy. That's what I'm thinking, because you can't actually log into mysqueezebox with the software players. (I tried another one (SqueezePlay) on the laptop, and an Android one on the mobile phone but they didn't show up either.)

It's not the end of the world if I don't get it working - I think I'll stick with LMS anyway as it works great with my FLAC library and the ability to play on multiple players at the same time is fab. I can easily use RDP for Tidal if I decide to stick with it after the trial - which I may not do anyway.
    Alex

I'm alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    I use You Tube for discovering new music, its free and I don't care re the resolution because I will be buying the physical media afterwards, if I like it.

I just don't understand subscription/player based streaming where you pay big money for nothing, you own nothing at the end.

I have bought the odd thing off the back of internet radio too, those stations that state what they are playing are very helpful in this regard.
    +1 Neil.

I'm Edward.

I've always assumed that to use the squeeze software you needed to have a physical squeezebox as a player endpoint. But from the most recent posts it seems that this is not the case, instead squeezebox software emulation is in some way possible? Is that correct?

If so I may give it a try.

What is the general overview please? Is it something like the following?

- Install server software. Which is?
    - Install player software. Which is?
    - Create an account at mysqeezebox. enable Tidal, spoty etc there?
    - Login at the server and player apps relevant details above?
    - What remote controller can I use on my phone or iPad?

Can this be operated over a LAN?

cheers.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast